Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Lord Almighty it looks intimidating. Nice to know it actually exists, I got to say. Time to start looking for physical differences (outside of the turret cage) if there are any with the MS.

Look at possible armor modules on upper part of frontal mudguards, similar to T-14. Turret roof area have same/better ERA coverage, looks like. RCWS with 12.7 HMG instead of PKT, additional grenade launchers for smoke on turret roof (right from the gun). Log is on the side to keep rear clear enough for rear-view camera, i guess.

Do you know how this shroud is supposed to work?  I haven't really seen anything like that before.

I maybe described it not very well, but really never saw something like that? Ukrainian BTR-3E, Uran-9 robot, BMP-3?

Uran-9

1040447312.png

BTR-3E

537e20b3d2c4c_image3.JPG

BMP-3

d4e9e1170b453ca9005e98cf6281c893.jpg

It works by making whole system more rigid, as 2A72 recoils pretty violently, this shroud have 2 or 3 points of contact with autocannon, one of which is similar to BMP-3's tube that attached to 100 mm main gun and limits 2A72 barrel bounce. In case of BTR-82A this barrel shroud was not very effective because designers decreased RoF to insure that shots are happening when bouncing of barrel is minimal.

I maybe described it not very well, but really never saw something like that? Ukrainian BTR-3E, Uran-9 robot, BMP-3?

It works by making whole system more rigid, as 2A72 recoils pretty violently, this shroud have 2 or 3 points of contact with autocannon, one of which is similar to BMP-3's tube that attached to 100 mm main gun and limits 2A72 barrel bounce. In case of BTR-82A this barrel shroud was not very effective because designers decreased RoF to insure that shots are happening when bouncing of barrel is minimal.

Aha, I understand now.  It doesn't reduce the recoil impulse of the gun firing (which is sometimes a problem, e.g. for vehicles with aluminum structure which cracks from the stress), but rather it keeps the gun better aligned while the entire vehicle gets shaken by recoil.

I was thinking it was some sort of weird muzzle brake or something.

I guess this would be a problem with putting powerful autocannons on lightweight vehicles.

Aha, I understand now.  It doesn't reduce the recoil impulse of the gun firing (which is sometimes a problem, e.g. for vehicles with aluminum structure which cracks from the stress), but rather it keeps the gun better aligned while the entire vehicle gets shaken by recoil.

I was thinking it was some sort of weird muzzle brake or something.

I guess this would be a problem with putting powerful autocannons on lightweight vehicles.

In case of 2A72 recoil is used to operate the gun, AFAIK.

Prokhod-1 UGV/robot to clear roads from mines and IEDs. Either controlled by operator or moves according to programm. Was shown at Army-2016, vehicle use new TMT-C trawl, with build-in jammers, it creates 4.5 meters wide clear paths for vehicles.

MsGzvbfk9Ps.jpg

Vehicle created on the chassis of BMR-3MA. Vehicle completed all state tests, BTW.

9urzW-8hfN4.jpg

u7fIZ8a4Rm4.jpg

urAgQjWD0eg.jpg

Vehicle used for remote control mode:

9U9GRJi02Tk.jpg

cGKxIetV-hI.jpg