Sturgeon's House
Sign in to follow this  
LoooSeR

Ukrainian armor - Oplot-M, T-64M Bulat and other.

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

In recent images Oplots always seem to have a lot of bits missing.....How many have the Ukrainians actually built for themselves?

I wonder if they just leave half-completed Oplots lying around to pretend that they're busy.

On 01.10.2017 at 7:35 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

In recent images Oplots always seem to have a lot of bits missing.....How many have the Ukrainians actually built for themselves?

Oplot-BMs? None. Oplots (older vserion) - like 10 or something like that. Never were used outside of parades and PR events.

To be fair, it might not be too wise to put the Oplot-M into mass service.

Best course of action IMO would be to give just a handful to an experimental weapons unit, pair a few military photographers to them, and send them off to limited operations. Then market them as combat proven, with combat footage being made available to top military brass tasked with procurement. Boost sales and for every sold piece, buy several cheaper derivatives for the Ukrainian army. They can make do with what they have.

But still much better then using a BMP-2 chassis when they first tried! But I also have to admit that the T-64 has a special place in my heart for being the first true modern MBT

gOPPrMt.jpg

On 09.10.2017 at 8:00 PM, Stimpy75 said:

tata.....!

Reveal hidden contents

FRxbWOb.jpg

i like it!

Turret protection is rated against small arms. This is even worse than "middle" versions of BMPTs (not the BMPT-BMPT-72 hybrid and first version with 1 30 mm autocannon). Missiles are unprotected, chassis still use K-1 ERA.  

I know.....they just wrapped the turret from the BMP and put it on the first T-64 hull which was available with no modification 

and the optics🤔(no back up!)

but with “I like it” I meant the look of it

22 minutes ago, Stimpy75 said:

I know.....they just wrapped the turret from the BMP and put it on the first T-64 hull which was available with no modification 

and the optics🤔(no back up!)

but with “I like it” I meant the look of it

Visually it is sleek, indeed. 

12 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looks like a death-trap to me TBH.....What were they thinking with those turret hatches?

:abuhajaar:

Sadly we don't have similar gif with Mikola. It is yet another creation that will be forgoten in few months like Azovets heavy APC.