Sturgeon's House
LoooSeR

Ukrainian armor - Oplot-M, T-64M Bulat and other.

https://defence-ua.com/index.php/statti/publikatsiji-partneriv/4709-khkbm-vede-rozrobku-perspektyvnoho-tanka-ta-novoyi-boyovoyi-mashyny-pikhoty-unifikovanoyi-bazy

https://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/842215.html

"Kharkiv Morozov Design Bureau", a member of GC "Ukroboronprom," is working on the creation of combat vehicles of a new generation, which should enter the arsenal of the Ukrainian army in the 2020s. Designers and engineers of KMDB are now focused on the creation of BMP-U, a new infantry fighting vehicle, which should replace BMP-1 and BMP-2.

"KhMDB" has already developed the design documentation, and the prototype production and the initial test complex will be held in 2019. BMP-U is designed for transportation and fire support of land units. It provides reliable protection for the crew consisting of 3 members and 7 soldiers.

According to calculations, the level of protection of BMP-U is 10-12% higher than BTR-4. In addition, the engine-transmission compartment is located in the front of the hull, ensuring a greater level of protection for the crew.

1129816_1000.jpg

For the BMP-U armament, a new BM-8 combat module with improved characteristics was chosen. It is equipped with a 30-mm automatic cannon, an automatic grenade launcher, a machine gun, and also have guided anti-tank missiles "Barrier". BMP-U is built on a modular basis, with the possibility of using a base platform for a whole family of tracked vehicles. Thanks to this, commander's, HQ, reconnaissance, medical, repair and evacuation and other machines will be created on the basis of BMP-B.

1130008_original.jpg

1130458_original.jpg

Also, KMDB is working to create a prospective new generation tank.

/.../

and automation of most processes to reduce the number of crew members from three people to two.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By LoooSeR
      Hello, my friends and Kharkovites, take a sit and be ready for your brains to start to work - we are going to tell you a terrible secret of how to tell apart Soviet tanks that actually works like GLORIOUS T-80 and The Mighty T-72 from Kharkovites attempt to make a tank - the T-64. Many of capitalists Westerners have hard time understanding what tank is in front of them, even when they know smart words like "Kontakt-5" ERA. Ignoramus westerners!

Because you are all were raised in several hundreds years old capitalism system all of you are blind consumer dummies, that need big noisy labels and shiny colorful things to be attached to product X to be sold to your ignorant heads and wallets, thats why we will need to start with basics. BASICS, DA? First - how to identify to which tank "family" particular MBT belongs to - to T-64 tree, or T-72 line, or Superior T-80 development project, vehicles that don't have big APPLE logo on them for you to understand what is in front of you. And how you can do it in your home without access to your local commie tank nerd? 

Easy! Use this Putin approved guide "How to tell appart different families of Soviet and Russian tanks from each other using simple and easy to spot external features in 4 steps: a guide for ignorant western journalists and chairborn generals to not suck in their in-depth discussions on the Internet".

Chapter 1: Where to look, what to see.

T-64 - The Ugly Kharkovite tank that doesn't work 

We will begin with T-64, a Kharkovite attempt to make a tank, which was so successful that Ural started to work on their replacement for T-64 known as T-72. Forget about different models of T-64, let's see what is similar between all of them.

T-72 - the Mighty weapon of Workers and Peasants to smash westerners

Unlike tank look-alike, made by Kharkovites mad mans, T-72 is true combat tank to fight with forces of evil like radical moderate barbarians and westerners. Thats why we need to learn how identify it from T-64 and you should remember it's frightening lines!

The GLORIOUS T-80 - a Weapon to Destroy and Conquer bourgeois countries and shatter westerners army

And now we are looking at the Pride of Party and Soviet army, a true tank to spearhead attacks on decadent westerners, a tank that will destroy countries by sucking their military budgets and dispersing their armies in vortex of air, left from high-speed charge by the GLORIOUS T-80!

The T-80 shooting down jets by hitting them behind the horizont 

• By Walter_Sobchak
      I realized that we don't actually have a thread about the British Chieftain tank.  

I posted a bunch of Chieftain related stuff on my site today for anyone who is interested.  The items include:

Magazine Articles

1970 article from ARMOR
      1970 article from IDR  - Chieftain-Main Battle tank for the 1970s
      1976 article from IDR - The Combat-Improved Chieftain – First Impressions
      1976 article from IDR - Improved Chieftain for Iran

Government reports

WO 194-495 Assessment of Weapon System in Chieftain
      WO 341-108 Automotive Branch Report on Chieftain Modifications
      DEFE 15-1183 – L11 Brochure 
      WO 194-463 – Demonstration of Chieftain Gun 

WO 194-1323 – Feasibility study on Burlington Chieftain
    • By T___A
      This shall be the general thread for all things soviet tanks. I shall start by posting an article I just wrote for my blog. I would recommend Archive Awarness which is an excellent blog about Soviet tanks and their experiences with other nation's tanks.