Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ukrainian armor - Oplot-M, T-64M Bulat and other.

LoooSeR

I am not sure if this was posted before, but this is said to be a new Ukrainian IFV based on the T-64 chassis:

XEA9N.jpg

There was also a picture of it being produced in factory, but I lost it :(

I already posted several times about Ukrainian VDV receiving first repaired T-80BVs ;-)

Yes, they got them in July 15 2015 if I am not wrong. Kharkov refurbished old T-80Bs and applied Kontakt-1 ERA on them.

Details of the APC based on the T-64 chassis have surfaced.

jfmcb3V.jpg

34.5 tons, 700 hp engine, 30 mm gun, crew of 3, can carry 15 soldiers, 40 mm of rear armour, 82 mm of side armour + 20 mm screen + reactive armour. Front armour is 350+40 mm, allegedly resistant to 90 mm AP (who still uses that?)

kYtihH2.jpgUkrainian BTR-3E hull with new turret and 90 mm gun.

Anyway, compared to BMP-1 and 2 BMP-64 have much better frontal armor, that can survive older RPG-7 HEAT grenades hits. Sides are still not very good, although they are better protected than usual "paper+ cage armor". They will need plenty of time to start production of that thing.

At least they have a mock-up made before Ukrianian civil war to show!

XMoDhrX.jpg

They also use Kontakt-5 instead of their stupid Nozh ERA. #USSRWINS

Althoug, they don't have enough of Kontakt-5 to protect their tanks.

V4blzdq.jpg

Here are some of the earlier posts regarding the T-64 based APC.  More here, here.

That's just... why aren't they even arrested?

I know the Ukrainian Army has Neo Nazis and Chechen fighters in it, but I thought that they would not be known/in few numbers..

Do you know anything about that conflict? It is better to move this discussion to this topic:

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/641-skoropadskyis-revenge-ukrainian-civil-war-thread/page-5