Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

:German Engineering:

LostCosmonaut

The invasive vasectomy may be a thing of the past thanks to a new invention by German inventor Clemens Bimek. The new “sperm switch” will allow men to turn off and on their fertility by simply flicking a switch inside of the scrotum.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2683442/goodbye-vasectomy-hello-sperm-switch-men-can-turn-fertility-on-and-off-with-new-sperm-switch-invention/

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_o18fh5Tm5Q1tsf68ao5_400.gif

tumblr_o18fm6ZkxE1tsf68ao2_400.gif

tumblr_o18fh5Tm5Q1tsf68ao4_400.gif

mighty krupskull never penetrated frontally by dinnerware.

I don't know why you would start shit in a Döner joint. Anyone who runs one of them invariably look like they gave their last shit twenty years ago, and they could not under any circumstances be bothered to find more. 

Nazis aren't exactly known for logical thinking.

Heatmap of NPD ("Moderate Euroskeptics", friends with France National and similar bald-headed shitlers) votes in 2013 by district:

gOobd3O.png?1

Attacks against refugees in 2015 until late November.

431Ez1x.png

It seems the "Valley of the Clueless" (term for areas that couldn't receive TV/radio from West Germany) still applies to Saxony.

8LZ6kmT.jpg

It was explained to me that right-wing popularity in Germany had to do more with the failure of reunified Germany to provide work opportunities in the former DDR, and tends to be more prolific in rural locations or places hit disproportionately by unemployment. Outside of Leipzig or Dresden, which seem to be relatively left leaning for Germany and have huge antifa presence, Saxony is a shithole of pissed off unemployed neos, and I don't think it's a stretch to assume pissed off neos with too much time on their hands will decide to act very antisocially.

Nothing solid to substantiate this claim of course, just observation and induction.

So Saxony is Germany's Mississippi? 

Basically (Saxony being the state in which Dresden is in)

arbeitslosenquote_2011.jpg

"Unemployment as percent of work force in 2011

Important numbers

Minimum [unemployment]

Maximum [unemployment]

Germany [overall unemployment]

[stuff about how the data is organized]"

The color code should be easy to parcel out with no knowledge of German, 'keine Daten vorhanden' means 'no data available', and Anzahl refers to number of provinces in that category.

But then again, while the maps of unemployment and attacks on refugees correlate, it's not unreasonable to suppose that the refugees just happen to have gone where the unemployment is (urban areas).

"On this episode, of *actual* engineering disasters!"

401748e75090e9e3d7a5841741d888c5-660x439

My understanding was that the issue with the MG5 was that they took the accuracy requirements for iron sights (where each barrel can be individually sighted-in with the receiver) and used them for when the gun was mounting optics (where you can't do that). I don't think it had anything to do with the gun, in fact, I'd reckon the HK121 is a much better gun than a Maximi.

Missing out on the 68er-Bewegung probably did East Germany no good.

Or denazification that wasn't "shoot a bunch of people, blame problems on 'Nazis in the west' and call it a day."

But then again, while the maps of unemployment and attacks on refugees correlate, it's not unreasonable to suppose that the refugees just happen to have gone where the unemployment is (urban areas).

On the other hand, there are more foreigners in the West.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/eurocrisispress/2015/01/09/the-challenge-of-responding-to-extreme-political-views-germany-struggles-to-address-pegidas-anti-islam-protests/

hz3bRAs.png

Or denazification that wasn't "shoot a bunch of people, blame problems on 'Nazis in the west' and call it a day."

On the other hand, there are more foreigners in the West.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/eurocrisispress/2015/01/09/the-challenge-of-responding-to-extreme-political-views-germany-struggles-to-address-pegidas-anti-islam-protests/

hz3bRAs.png

So the wests plan of letting former Nazis literally run the FDR is somehow better?

Pigfucker

Poverty creates extremism, and I think we can take the example of the South after the Civil War too. The impoverishment caused by the war was never addressed during reparations as the South was accepted back into the Union, and suddenly there's a lot of angry people doing very antisocial things. As far as the people of Germany were concerned, the rebuilding of Germany went pretty decently for both the East and West (as far as I'm concerned, fuck the West for putting literal Nazis in positions of power), but when the DDR died, jobs died with it and were never replaced by the new German Federal Republic. Note the correlation of GDP to NPD votes. Again though, I think there are too many factors involved to definitively place blame on any one thing, although I'm entirely certain that work opportunities are a factor.

• 2 weeks later...

So the wests plan of letting former Nazis literally run the FDR is somehow better?

Pigfucker

The aforementioned 68er Bewegung was the West's kids calling the country out on its shit, and a lot of the current serious anti-Nazi stuff dates to then. Nothing similar happened in the East. The East had to rehabilitate Nazis to fill the bureaucracy as well because otherwise it would've been Iraq II grade chaos, but criticism of the state was easily deflected by pointing to the fucking outstanding anti-fascist credentials of the guys up top so there wasn't enough room for a real serious second wave of anti-fascist house clearing when they'd truly become surplus to requirements. History works in some weird ways and in this case, worse handling of the Nazi riddled bureaucracy (although they were kept in check) wound up getting rewarded with a real anti-fascist backlash that they can't really be given any credit for.

Overall though, the only thing that I could say would contribute to lower fascism in the West that's actually a positive thing the West did rather than something bad that caused a good backlash is the Marshall Plan helping a better economic recovery.

Also yes, fuck the West for putting literal Nazis in positions of power, on the other hand, it literally would not have worked had they not because of the degree to which the Nazis co-opted the nation and the bureaucracy.

• 2 weeks later...

For reference, sign reads "not interested in immigrants". I think it may be that they are associating the people who are anti-immigration with Nazis, but I don't know the specifics of the demonstration.

Perhaps, but the usage of the Nordic Cross has direct implications to white nationalist/Nazi/fascist groups, and Pegida (moderate euroskeptics with shaved heads) specifically uses the red/yellow/black version.

CxAOzgK.jpg

3SRdklt.jpg