Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

6 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Wrong thread, and what?

Sorry but I don't really understand what you're trying to convey here. Can you rephrase?

No, definitely not the wrong thread nor did I click reply to the wrong response.

You acted as if the cute little 60mm HVMS thing was somehow in the same league as the Super 75 over the last few of your posts in this thread (it's not) while also making the snarky little comment in another thread that maybe the US "will save itself a few years" by just picking up iron vision for the Bradley thing...

It's a trend with you to act like the Israeli whatever is at the very least just as good as ANYTHING ELSE of any kind in any class anyone posts ever! This is your SOP at the bare minimum.  In this case you even went as far as to try to throw shade by using an argument from incredulity as your evidence of the outright inferiority of an American project that was being discussed which is just plain better in every way than the "home team solution" you tried to pretend had even some claim to qualitative equivalence etc!

Maybe if you had referenced the Ottomatic version your utterly unfounded bias wouldn't have been so glaringly and jarringly obvious, but then again the Ottomatic isn't Izzy either therefore I'm sure It's completely inferior in your mind as well.

Which is exactly how the whole iron vision thing ties in and why I brought it up here too even though THAT snarky xenocentric and unfounded bit of commentary exists in another thread.

Once again we find you acting as if the product from your home nation is so far ahead in the road to serial production and advanced in function that the US ought to just not even bother with a domestic solution and buy Iron vision instead. The actual reality of the situation though pretty thoroughly fails to match up with your assertions/assessment yet again though if one stops arguing from incredulity in a way that basically comes down to just assuming that your "home team" stuff is unparalleled and revolutionary then reinforcing that by not bothering to actually look to see if it's even remotely close to true!

And another tie in here is that ELKE / HSTVL / RDF LT / super 75 etc are in a lot of ways some of the first real even close to successful Western outings into territory that would justify and or even require stuff like an iron vision type system to make them workable.

2 hours ago, roguetechie said:

No, definitely not the wrong thread nor did I click reply to the wrong response.

You acted as if the cute little 60mm HVMS thing was somehow in the same league as the Super 75 over the last few of your posts in this thread (it's not) while also making the snarky little comment in another thread that maybe the US "will save itself a few years" by just picking up iron vision for the Bradley thing...

It's a trend with you to act like the Israeli whatever is at the very least just as good as ANYTHING ELSE of any kind in any class anyone posts ever! This is your SOP at the bare minimum.  In this case you even went as far as to try to throw shade by using an argument from incredulity as your evidence of the outright inferiority of an American project that was being discussed which is just plain better in every way than the "home team solution" you tried to pretend had even some claim to qualitative equivalence etc!

Maybe if you had referenced the Ottomatic version your utterly unfounded bias wouldn't have been so glaringly and jarringly obvious, but then again the Ottomatic isn't Izzy either therefore I'm sure It's completely inferior in your mind as well.

Which is exactly how the whole iron vision thing ties in and why I brought it up here too even though THAT snarky xenocentric and unfounded bit of commentary exists in another thread.

Once again we find you acting as if the product from your home nation is so far ahead in the road to serial production and advanced in function that the US ought to just not even bother with a domestic solution and buy Iron vision instead. The actual reality of the situation though pretty thoroughly fails to match up with your assertions/assessment yet again though if one stops arguing from incredulity in a way that basically comes down to just assuming that your "home team" stuff is unparalleled and revolutionary then reinforcing that by not bothering to actually look to see if it's even remotely close to true!

And another tie in here is that ELKE / HSTVL / RDF LT / super 75 etc are in a lot of ways some of the first real even close to successful Western outings into territory that would justify and or even require stuff like an iron vision type system to make them workable.

EDIT: Changed my comment. Wrote it inappropriately.

You had a bad day. You need to vent out some anger. Don't vent it on me though.

I believe you simply, greatly, misunderstood me on all the above points. So this is your chance to rephrase it.

I want us to maintain mutual respect, so work with me.

On 7/7/2018 at 4:00 PM, Mighty_Zuk said:

EDIT: Changed my comment. Wrote it inappropriately.

You had a bad day. You need to vent out some anger. Don't vent it on me though.

I believe you simply, greatly, misunderstood me on all the above points. So this is your chance to rephrase it.

I want us to maintain mutual respect, so work with me.

My apologies ... It's been really hot here for a week and heat is very taxing on me which makes me grumpy. 

No excuses, just an explanation... Again I apologize.

Had a quick glance around and those two vehicles are surprisingly averse to being seen together (and yet I'm pretty sure there must be a picture out there showing them side by side, in one of these typical "the evolution of our hardware" photo shoots). I even tried Hunnicutt's Bradley - A History of the American Fighting and Support Vehicles or turning to Desert Storm footage, but nothing turned up for me.

The only pic I found that kind of illustrates the difference in size between the two was lifted from a modelling site, and even then it must be taken with a ULCC-sized dose of salt.

AT5bJtn.jpg

That said, while looking around I found some rather exotic stuff such as this German StuG-like conversion of the M113. Would've been perfect for the "Name that AFV" thread except I don't have an official name to slap on it. :lol:

C2QKmou.png

I'll leave the link to the 14th of July parade in case somebody is interested:

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/france/14-juillet/direct-regardez-le-defile-militaire-du-14-juillet-avec-pour-la-premiere-fois-des-images-4d_2845251.html

Edit: The actual parade start around 2h35 time mark (or rather the opening animation).

ZfxvPJJ.jpg

Naked:

Spoiler

7sxttaF.jpg
SFIvfHa.jpg

Base Armour (Spaced Steel?):

Spoiler

J9FmvHq.jpg
pEhfC5f.jpg
Y4dlHNG.jpg

Side Storage
B1Uwlav.jpg

Diffrent side storage:
gvtYSOt.jpg

Expanded Armour (Composite?) & Blocks

Spoiler

Bolted on-top of Replaces base armour at the front. Comes as standard at rear and bottom(?):
fTGaT6Q.jpg
mkts7pb.jpg
jWSy00n.jpg
pHSvxjr.jpg
qHpEyn2.jpg

Turret slabs:
1IXwQ5R.jpg

Bar/Mesh:
LhJlfg0.jpg
xH4WpX8.jpg

Barracuda camo:

Spoiler

GxCH8IN.jpg

Testing Ballast Weights:

Spoiler

cbzfwZK.jpg
eJGQsxa.jpg

Hopefully this is the right place for this, but why does the Japanese Type-74 have such an archaic commander's cupola? Vision block's, Fixed commander's sight and no provision for open protected position, and with the .50 M2 mounted centerline on the turret, a "tradition" that continues to this day in the Type-90. All of this seems very strange, especially as the STB-1 at least had a panoramic periscope for the commander.