Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2 hours ago, SH_MM said:

Is this the new Pandur EVO or an upgraded Pandur A2 without RWS? The flat side walls, bolt-on armor and the assymetric wheel spacing make it look like the new EVO variant.

I presume it is the driver training version of the Pandur EVO, since it is missing the WS4 Panther RCWS and has a glass cabine, though i am not really sure about that.

But it doesn´t look like a "standard" Pandur A2:

M6gK1AA.jpg

or like a "standard" Pandur EVO:

ivP38Qn.jpg

42 minutes ago, Zyklon said:

I presume it is the driver training version of the Pandur EVO, since it is missing the WS4 Panther RCWS and has a glass cabine, though i am not really sure about that.

But it doesn´t look like a "standard" Pandur A2:

I was wondering if this is a Pandur (A2) after the RUAG-made SidePro-KE/IED armor has been fitted; RUAG was contracted in 2015 to develop and produce armor kits for the Austrian and Belgian Pandur vehicles. I've yet to see a Pandur 1 with additional armor; but the different spacing of the wheels suggest this is a EVO (or just another prototype).

Btw. is the WS4 Panther RWS a cooperation between ESL and Elbit Systems or is it made under licence? Because it is also marketed by Elbit.

Unmanned_Turret_800X365.jpg

17 minutes ago, SH_MM said:

I was wondering if this is a Pandur (A2) after the RUAG-made SidePro-KE/IED armor has been fitted; RUAG was contracted in 2015 to develop and produce armor kits for the Austrian and Belgian Pandur vehicles. I've yet to see a Pandur 1 with additional armor; but the different spacing of the wheels suggest this is a EVO (or just another prototype).

Btw. is the WS4 Panther RWS a cooperation between ESL and Elbit Systems or is it made under licence? Because it is also marketed by Elbit.

Unmanned_Turret_800X365.jpg

Well, ESL is basicly a subsidiary of Elbit systems which specializes in in command and control systems so it is very much plausible that it is a joint developement.
Though ESL is only producing a HMG version and a Grenade launcher version with a secondary 7,62mm MG