Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

From otvaga, said to be photos of Chieftain in China North Vehicle Research Institute, Beijing.

keHYGJQ.jpg

4iW1RLu.jpg

vzwq4U4.jpg

For those asking, yes it was Iranian at one point, if you see it in person some of the old markings are still very faintly visible.

One odd thing I find about who sourced those photos is I actually know of the person who took that particular set of images, and they left out the best one in my opinion which shows the original manufacturing and serial numbers stamped on the tank.

PHDWYpj.jpg

Do you have more of those photos or info?

The man who took the photos belongs to a very specialized modeling company known as MENG/Ru Yei international, who are headquartered in Hong Kong, but also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen, he went to Bovington actually prior to taking those photos to see an unmodified, original British Chieftain, however he took those photos afterwards because the Chinese Chieftain at China North Vehicle Research Institute has most of it's modules stripped off so you can actually see the exposed hull and turret shape for a really accurate image of how it looks without them. (keep in mind, before it was named China North Vehicle Research Institute, it was No.201 Institute and a full on military intelligence station, even going there a few years ago, I was heavily watched the entire time being a foreigner and all.) those images are the result and, as far as I'm aware, the only ones he actually took.

Fortunately for you, he finally put up the English version of the story at their website, you can see the entire saga.

http://www.meng-model.com/new.php?id=493

If he took more then that.... I honestly don't know, you'll have to ask the man himself.

marketing1@meng-model.com marketing3@meng-model.com first address is for English questions, second is Russian, your call. From my experiences they usually answer in a timely manner, give it a shot honestly.

They're generally quite a bit higher then Trumpeter unless you count the really special models only Trumpeter makes like their DF-21 launcher.

http://www.stevenshobby.com/productlisting.aspx

I actually did buy the T-10M from them and for what it's worth, It completely lived up to the price tag.

They're not nearly as large or well known as Trumpeter, but they're very good at what they do.

M1117 Guardian

CxBqxAItzFY.jpg

I used a different variant of the M1117 during field trials, it was call the M1200. It replaced the M707 Knight fire support vehicle. It was a great improvement. 

American communists?

oUZStGy.jpg

Not terribly uncommon for the crunchies to hitch rides on the tanks. I rode on the company commanders tank like this pretty often when he wanted the artillery observer close to him.