Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace Pictures and Art Thread

LostCosmonaut

7 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

20525761_10154495028146191_8575468290784

Minuteman III launch, Vandenberg AFB Aug 2, 2017.   (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Ian Dudley)

Oh shoot. It was rainy and overcast in Aleknagik when we were  there otherwise we'd have been able to see the results of this.

(Or so I've been told by Mrs. The Captain's dad who grew up there watching this phenomenon).

Was running some errands today different than the usual, came across this particular B-29.  Photo is pulled from google and not what I took since I wasn't able to actually get out and look at the thing.  Did get to drive pretty close to it, but that's about it.  There's also what I assume is an AH-1F a mile from my campus, I should check it out sometime when I move back.  Funnily enough, it's not listed on wikipedia's list on AH-1s on display.

qLwJrQX.jpg

303d_Bombardment_Group_358th_Bombardment

B-17F "Hell's Angels" of 303rd Bombardment Group (Heavy), 358th Bomb Squadron. Hell's Angels was the first 8th AAF B-17 to complete 25 missions. The aircraft later went on to fly a staggering 48 missions, again being the first 8th AAF B-17 to do so. Interesting to note, during the filming of William Wyler's 'Memphis Belle', a second filming team was assigned to "Hell's Angels" in the event "Memphis Belle" was shot down.