Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace Pictures and Art Thread

LostCosmonaut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Beer said:

Some of you probably already watched this but if not, give it a few minutes. There is also some great helmetcam footage inside.

Very nice! How close is this plane to the original? I know of course the engines, radio and some equipment are modern and there are no weapons, but what about the rest?

It's a replica. There is no airworthy original Me-262 AFAIK.  

If you want to see a static one, here in Prague we have two which can be called original ones even though they were built only after the war (the production equipment was moved to Czechoslovakia at the end of the war and after the war 12 planes were built and used for few years by Czechoslovak airforce, one crashed and two are preserved in Prague Kbely museum - one A-1a (Avia S-92) and one B-1a (Avia CS-92). 

• 3 weeks later...

Prague aircraft museum Kbely finished restoration of Avia Av-14 (Czechoslovak built Il-14). When I was there two months ago I have noticed that since my last visit three years ago they restored C-47, Phantom FGR.2 and Su-25K. Next one to restore is probably going to be Il-18 (and I really really hope they'll restore the Tu-104 which is standing there too!).   

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly both American and Russian programs that resulted in a10 and Su25 took far to many cues from past wars and not enough taught for future ones.

Il-102 is straight up jet powered iliteration of WW2 Sturmovik , its beyond me how someone ever approved construction of this plane.

• 2 weeks later...