Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Aerospace Pictures and Art Thread

LostCosmonaut

4 hours ago, Belesarius said:

Pretty routine, TBH.

Yes.  These sorts of things happened basically all the time during the Cold War.  There was a bit of a slump after the breakup of the USSR, but now that the US has decided to go for Cold War, round 2 (playing the villain this time), these sorts of missions are back to normal rates.

SU-27 remembering the Alamo:

qZZWCki.jpg

12 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

So we have strategic bombers flying along the russian border? That seems like a great idea. 

Of course when the Russians do it its WILLFUL PROVOCATION BY A ROGUE STATE.

8 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

Yes.  These sorts of things happened basically all the time during the Cold War.  There was a bit of a slump after the breakup of the USSR, but now that the US has decided to go for Cold War, round 2 (playing the villain this time), these sorts of missions are back to normal rates.

SU-27 remembering the Alamo:

qZZWCki.jpg

We love you Colli.

I love my job

E, now that I'm at a keyboard: One of our local traffic was taking off around the time the Apache was engaging rotors and requested not to be shot down on takeoff. Apache pilot radioed the unicom after leaving the pattern, said something like 'strongly recommend military traffic fuel here', and went on for like 30 seconds about how great our airport was. Basically everyone being super professional on the comms