Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Bash the Pak-Fa thread

Tied

• 1 month later...

http://www.militarynews.ru/story.asp?rid=1&nid=485254

So the latest rumblings are that the Su-57 may be pivoting towards an export focus, and that work on a sixth generation fighter should begin.

I suppose asking the Indians about that first part is inadvisable.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/russia-admits-defeat-su-57-not-going-into-mass-production-2018-7?r=US&IR=T

Russia announced earlier this month that the Su-57, its proposed entry into the world of fifth-generation stealth fighter aircraft, will not see mass production.

Alright...I guess it means the Monino Museum will get a new outdoors exhibit.

But despite Russia's non-stop praise for the plane and dubious claims about its abilities, (Russian Deputy Defense Minister) Borisov ultimately said, "The Su-57 is considered to be one of the best aircrafts produced in the world. Consequently, it does not make sense to speed up work on mass-producing the fifth-generation aircraft.”"

*blink* what is this excuse I don't even

...Seriously, is this piece of news accurate? BusinessInsider isn't exactly my go-to source of military information and I'm wary of such clickbaity articles.

53 minutes ago, Renegade334 said:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/russia-admits-defeat-su-57-not-going-into-mass-production-2018-7?r=US&IR=T

Alright...I guess it means the Monino Museum will get a new outdoors exhibit.

*blink* what is this excuse I don't even

...Seriously, is this piece of news accurate? BusinessInsider isn't exactly my go-to source of military information and I'm wary of such clickbaity articles.

@Collimatrix

You may enjoy this article. Article author should find himself in Siberia for being dumb as fuck.

It's cancelled my dudes.

Ninja'd again.

Another EDIT: Seems they're just mothballing it, not cancelling it. Though bringing it back will be even more expensive I believe.

I guess the moral of the story is - Don't spend all your money on a shit-load of projects with low probability of success, but few projects with higher probability and buy the rest from elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

T-50-5 with target designation container 101KS-N

0cBtAOo4hmk.jpg

Also

The United Aircraft Corporation will sign an agreement until the end of the summer to supply the fifth generation Su-57 fighter aircraft to the Russian army. This was told by UAC President Yuri Slyusar in an interview with the TV channel "Russia 1" .

According to him, the signing of the contract should take place at the "Patriot" forum. "In total, the purchase of about 12 planes is planned " he said.

Slyusar stressed that for the UAC the signing of the contract would be a "landmark event". In this case, the cost of aircraft will be higher than that of the fourth-generation fighter aircraft. He explained this by the fact that the Su-57 significantly outperform its predecessors in a number of characteristics and equipped with newer equipment. Slyusar added that Russian fighters will be significantly cheaper than Western counterparts.

Apparently now it seems 15 Su-57s are expected, and serial (full scale) production is expected to start in 2023 when izd.30 is ready

http://uacrussia.ru/ru/press-center/news/oak-i-ministerstvo-oborony-rossii-podpisali-kontrakty-na-postavku-su-57-i-mig-35

Spoiler

Using Yandex translate:

UAC will supply the troops with the latest models of aircraft-su-57 and MiG-35. The contracts were signed during the International military-technical forum "ARMY-2018".

State contracts for the production and supply of multi-functional fighters of the 5th generation su-57 and multi-functional MiG-35 aircraft complexes for the needs of the Ministry of defence of the Russian Federation were signed in order to fulfill the state defense order. The contracts were signed by Deputy defense Minister Alexei Krivoruchko and President of the United aircraft Corporation Yuri Slyusar.

"The first production aircraft su-57 will go to the VKS in 2019. Taking into account the results of the tests, including a positive check of the aviation complex in Syria, the Russian defense Ministry in the near future plans to get 15 production machines," Deputy defense Minister Alexei Krivoruchko said at the signing ceremony.

At the end of last year in Zhukovsky flight tests of the newest Russian fighter of the fifth generation su-57 with the engine of the second stage began. The Deputy head of the military Department said that the Russian defense Ministry expects the start of serial deliveries of aircraft with new engines in 2023. Alexey Krivoruchko also noted that the su-57 is a promising platform for the creation of new aircraft in various versions.

The President of the UAC Yuri Slyusar said that the signed contracts will ensure the loading of the Corporation's enterprises with the production of advanced aircraft.

"We believe that the fifth-generation su-57 fighter and the MiG-35 light fighter are the best offers in their class in terms of aircraft performance, combat capabilities and price," the UAC President said.

The su-57 has a smart, intelligent control system, reducing the load on the pilot and allowing him to concentrate on tactical tasks. Feature su-57-widely used in the airframe composite materials. This makes the aircraft easier, and the technology of manufacturing cellular panels has significantly reduced the complexity and cost of Assembly work.

Su-57 – multi-role fighter of the 5th generation, designed to destroy all types of aerial targets in long-range and close-quarters battle, and destroy ground and surface targets enemy with overcoming air defense systems, monitoring air space over large distances from the home base, as well as the destruction of the system of management of air operations of the enemy.

The latest lightweight multi-functional aviation complex MiG-35 4++ generation designed to work in zones of armed conflict of high intensity in conditions of rich and layered air defense system of the enemy. It is able to perform complex multi-purpose tasks in a continuously changing operational and tactical situation over the battlefield and hit both air and ground and surface targets. Deliveries of new aircraft systems will contribute to the strengthening of Russia's defense.

Russia Confirms Indian Pullout From Fifth Gen Fighter Program, Leaves ‘Door Open’

In a first formal confirmation from either government, Russia today said that India had ‘temporarily suspended’ participation in the Su-57 fifth generation fighter aircraft program, a decision reported to have been taken by the Narendra Modi government in February this year.

India decided last year to go slow on the FGFA program that had been intended as a joint program between Russia’s Sukhoi, HAL and production agencies on both sides. But a large cost commitment not quite justifying the levels of India’s technological involvement and subsequent workshare in the program, a decision was taken to slow down and take a rethink. Today’s comment from the Russian arms export control chief confirms turbulence over the last 18 months that resulted in India pulling the plug.

Shugaev minced no words when he said he understood the ‘comprehensive issue from a financial standpoint’ but said he was hopeful still of a resolution.

“We have not shut any doors, and understand it is a comprehensive issue from a financial standpoint. If and when India is ready to return to this project, we are willing to negotiate terms and format. This project could see different forms of cooperation in the future — a JV or technological cooperation. The FGFA was a joint project for a joint product,” he told Livefist.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Viktor Bondarev, Chairman of the Committee of the Council of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on Defense and Security:

/.../

the implementation of foreign programs for fifth-generation fighters will significantly change the balance of power in the world. Therefore, the work on the Su-57, its further improvement and introduction into the series, become of indisputable relevance.

/.../

There are other arguments, in some respects opposite. They say, why do we need the fifth generation, if the fighters of the 4++ generation are flying fine, for example, Su-35. On this occasion, I will say: fourth-generation fighter jets, even those upgraded to the “++” version, are already outdated and do not meet new challenges. Of course, they are suitable for local combat conflicts with a weak opponent. However, in the conditions of the enemy’s airborne combat environment with use of EW and advanced air defense and use of fifth generation fighters in the armed forces of some countries, it is impossible to perform the combat missions of our army without Su-57.
/.../
   Opinions about the transition to the sixth generation often sound unprofessional. Personally, I am sure: without mastering the modern aviation technologies on the fifth-generation technology, it is impossible to go straight to the sixth.
   In my opinion, the proposals to form the export form of the Su-57 and sell these planes (I will quote one of these appeals: "capitalize on foreign markets the costs incurred by this plane") are either an open betrayal or elementary incompetence and short-sightedness.

In my opinion, the proposals to form the export form of the Su-57 and sell these planes (I will quote one of these appeals: "capitalize on foreign markets the costs incurred by this plane") are either an open betrayal or elementary incompetence and short-sightedness. 

It's working pretty well with F-35, there's bound to be loads of countries willing to pay for Su-57

16 minutes ago, Zyklon said:

Would you be kind enough to post the original source, i have some people nagging me already with that. :wacko:

http://aviation21.ru/viktor-bondarev-eksperty-prichislyayut-su-57-k-pokoleniyu-5/

Some more:

Victor Bondarev: It gives them almost unlimited possibilities in piloting in battle. This is due to the high level of robotization: the Su-57 is equipped with a full-fledged "electronic pilot." He can also prompt a person the right decision under time pressure and take on a large number of routine operations.

A fighter can fight alone and within the framework of the “single field” concept. Su-57 is able to transmit data on targets to other aircrafts and ground air defense systems, as well as receive target designation from them. The on-board control system can track up to 60 targets, simultaneously firing 16 of them.