Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Bash the Pak-Fa thread

Tied

• 3 weeks later...

As the TASS news agency reported on December 6, 2018, the fifth-generation Russian fighter Su-57 will receive a hypersonic missile with characteristics similar to that of the Dagger aircraft complex, the relevant works have been included in the state armament program (WPW) for 2018-2027.

Su-57 will get a missile, similar to Kinzhal. Missile planne to be mountable inside of internal weapons bays.

/.../but it will be with intra-body accommodation and smaller dimensions, " said the agency interlocutor.

The source did not specify the characteristics and name of the new rocket, as well as the timing of its receipt for testing.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:43 PM, LoooSeR said:

Su-57 will get a missile, similar to Kinzhal. Missile planne to be mountable inside of internal weapons bays.

I saw this news, and I am puzzled.  Kinzhal is just short of 8 meters long.  The maximum length of weapons that fit into SU-57's weapons bays is just over 4 meters.  So this mini-Kinzhal will be about half the size, in linear dimensions, as a normal Kinzhal, which means it will be about 1/8th the weight.

Seems like it should have much less performance.

2 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

I saw this news, and I am puzzled.  Kinzhal is just short of 8 meters long.  The maximum length of weapons that fit into SU-57's weapons bays is just over 4 meters.  So this mini-Kinzhal will be about half the size, in linear dimensions, as a normal Kinzhal, which means it will be about 1/8th the weight.

Seems like it should have much less performance.

It would be stored in separate bays and assembled mid-air!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The consensus elsewhere on the internet is that PAK-FA testing is ongoing, but that it is ongoing where nobody can see it.  This is not too surprising; according to Butowski there has been a ton of weapons testing for the PAK-FA of which there is no pictures.  On top of that, one of the program's biggest leaks was recently plugged.

3 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

The consensus elsewhere on the internet is that PAK-FA testing is ongoing, but that it is ongoing where nobody can see it.  This is not too surprising; according to Butowski there has been a ton of weapons testing for the PAK-FA of which there is no pictures.  On top of that, one of the program's biggest leaks was recently plugged.

As I don't read Russian, what's the breakdown on what that says?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...