Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Bash the Pak-Fa thread

Tied

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

4797504.png

Radiation warning decal... on the LEVCONs of PAK-FA.

So there's some sort of emitter stuffed in there.

Not sure what'd be radioactive there,  but the Soviets do have a history of using radioactive bits in aerospace applications. Soyuz used a gamma-ray altimeter powered by Cobalt-60 during landing.

http://www.rtc.ru/index.php/ru/kosmicheskoe-priborostroenie/fotonnaya-izmeritelnaya-sistema-malykh-vysot-kaktus-2v

http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/spaceflight/reentry-descent-landing/soft-landing-on-kaktus/

I remember reading about some Soviet airplane that had a radiation source in it for some use, I'll see if I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to the Russian aviation sources, on November 17th, 2016 in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, the first flight of the seventh the prototype of the fifth-generation fighter under the program PAK-FA - Aircraft T-50-8, was made. Official confirmation of the event so far absent. 

Also, according to information from the web resource paralay.iboards.ru, November 11, 2016 in the Experimental Design Bureau named after A. Lyulka (Moscow, a branch of PJSC "UMPO"), the first launch of the static sample of "izdelie 30" engine took place. Izdelie 30 engine is for the second stage of the PAK FA fighter, and as a prove this poster was shown:

3723316_original.jpg

• 3 weeks later...