Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Oddballs

Toxn

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

So I grew up watching "Search for the Giant Squid" documentaries. One thing I took from them was that the bastards did not want to be found. 

Every doc went the same. "Hello, I am marine biologist man. I got a grant for this ship and we're going to film a documentary. Let's do some size comparisons, weather shots, bits of bad luck, and eventually not find what we were looking for. But along the way we learned something special about mankind so that's something I guess."

I remember the first time an adult architeuthis was found. A japanese fishing rig dragged a live one to the surface. This was probably back in 2007 or so. 

Now they've been popping up all along Japan. 

So my question is, are the white biologists just bad, or have the Japanese made a pact with some eldritch horror and these are its liaisons of the coming flood?

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

So I grew up watching "Search for the Giant Squid" documentaries. One thing I took from them was that the bastards did not want to be found. 

Every doc went the same. "Hello, I am marine biologist man. I got a grant for this ship and we're going to film a documentary. Let's do some size comparisons, weather shots, bits of bad luck, and eventually not find what we were looking for. But along the way we learned something special about mankind so that's something I guess."

I remember the first time an adult architeuthis was found. A japanese fishing rig dragged a live one to the surface. This was probably back in 2007 or so. 

Now they've been popping up all along Japan. 

So my question is, are the white biologists just bad, or have the Japanese made a pact with some eldritch horror and these are its liaisons of the coming flood?

*Japan*

*Large tentacled beasts*

No further inquiry needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TINY BUGS ARE HAVING SEX ON YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW!!!

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/11/insects-animals-bugs-humans-health/

Nat Geo can into clickbait. 

EYELASH MITES

Demodex mites, it's true: We are the earth on which they are born and die—particularly on our faces and eyelashes.

A 2014 study from North Carolina University found that 100 percent of study subjects had at least one species of Demodex mite on their face, feeding on the oils in their hair follicles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Barn owls look quite odd without feathers:

6TEWoAO.png

xiOmxmY.png

slYAxOX.png

When they have their feathers on, barn owls prefer to avoid flying and instead use a variety of energy-saving devices to get around:

nBhnnMh.jpg

Sometimes they ride larger owls:

uFWnkWR.jpg

They like to pretend that apple blossoms are cherry blossoms and that they are at the Hanami festival, because barn owls are fucking weebs:

vSPWbaD.jpg

Also, they have tridactyl feet, which is strange for an owl.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...