Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Best SS reenactor

SuperComrade

So if the geeky model builders that buy up all the Nazi plastic kits were not couch potatoes...  Or these are the active ones heh.

I get owning the weapons, some of the gear and of course the vehicles if you can afford them. But not dressing up and playing soldier with a bunch of other dudes. 

Edited by Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

It's a little unfair to lump living history in with ANIMEAs and furries. I would think the furries and ANIMEAs would gravitate to the larp or cosplay world. Odd animal sexual fetishes and obsessions with pre-pubescent girls seems to fit in better there.

For example, groups like mine do not do "reenactments". We are not attempting to portray any specific character during a set time in history. We also have over 2500 people in 12 countries who include everything from university professors and engineers to fighter pilots and farmers.

What we do is basically a living museum. We do demonstrations for schools, at museums, and various festivals around the globe. We set up a functional encampment with working displays of everything from period farming and animal husbandry to fiber crafts and cooking to blacksmithing and jewelry casting. The intent is to educate people on daily life during the late 8th century to the mid-11th. No one speaks in funny accents (unless they already have one), there are no scripts, and no one pretends to be Uthgar Hammercock or some clown from that Viking tv show. Everyone that participates tends to be educated and well-adjusted socially.

The fight demonstrations we do are not choreographed or scripted. They are not reenactments of specific battles. Everything we do that regard is based on real HEMA (MS I.33, Johannes Liechtenauer, Hans Talhoffer, and so on. They are also  interpreted from sagas or illuminated manuscripts and developed further by guys like  Roland Warzecha or Kristofer Kilde).

It's an enjoyable hobby of mine, among many.

On the other hand, I've never understood the attraction to doing WWII reenactments. There is plenty of actual film footage to watch, plenty of written documentation of what went on, plenty of artifacts to see. I'm not sure there is a real demand to see a bunch of grown men playing army. I played soldier for real for well over a decade and a half and can't imagine wanting to do it for "fun" in the woods with a bunch of overweight neckbeards for the weekend. Especially a bunch of Nazi neckbeards.

Maybe it is just me but I think there is a pretty clear delineation between some of these "reenactments" and living history.

So if the geeky model builders that buy up all the Nazi plastic kits were not couch potatoes...  Or these are the active ones heh.

I get owning the weapons, some of the gear and of course the vehicles if you can afford them. But not dressing up and playing soldier with a bunch of other dudes. 

Yes, active and muscular ubermenschen, that's them.

yRhkjQD.jpg

Yes, active and muscular ubermenschen, that's them.

yRhkjQD.jpg

Just imagine how big the couch potatoes are!

At least they are keeping true to their cause here and a pretending to drag a civilian off to be shot.  Seriously, what kind of people this nonsense is fun? And in Poland of all places...

esg2vA6.jpg

FEzMbAX.jpg

New lows in wehrabooery

Edited by Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am somewhat skeptical that leather trenchcoat arrived in that small of a delivery package. I know that Kraut SS cow leather is the lightest, most bullet resistant and warmest cow leather there is. But unless the coat was made for Das Reichfuhrer Circus Midget Battalion, it ain't fitting.