Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian tanks at war. Some pictures and words between them.

LoooSeR

Apologies for the slight veer off topic, but is there a thread like this for the fighting in Iraq (particularly Mosul) anywhere?  I did check, but didn't find one.  I'm particularly interested in the fighting in East Mosul between November & December 2016 featuring the CTS and elements of 9th Armoured Division (I'm building a Mosul campaign for Combat Missions: Shock Force).

25 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Apologies for the slight veer off topic, but is there a thread like this for the fighting in Iraq (particularly Mosul) anywhere?  I did check, but didn't find one.  I'm particularly interested in the fighting in East Mosul between November & December 2016 featuring the CTS and elements of 9th Armoured Division (I'm building a Mosul campaign for Combat Missions: Shock Force).

No, we don't have dedicated thread on Endless war: Iraqi edition part 43.

On 8/21/2017 at 11:33 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

We don't have dedicated threads for a lot of ongoing conflicts.  News from the Mosul front occasionally showed up in the General News thread, but it really didn't pop up reliably enough to warrant its own thread.

A lot of it has to do with who posts and what information sources they have access too.  There are only a few posters here who can read French, for example, so most of the information on, say, the ongoing war in Mali is unavailable to us.  The English-speaking news media simply doesn't pay much attention to what's going on in Mali.  In some cases, international censorship plays a role too.  We have a thread on the war in Yemen, for example, but both sides have been trying to censor news coming out of that war.