Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

"WASHINGTON — The U.S. now has blood and urine samples from last Saturday's deadly attack in Syria that have tested positive for chemical weapons, according to two U.S. officials familiar with the intelligence."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/u-s-has-blood-samples-show-nerve-agent-syria-gas-n865431

Norwegian Media used this as a source, though it lacks a source itself. 

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So your previous president was a cock too (and the three before him come to think of it).

+1

We discussed this a while back upthread.  It isn't clear at this time how long the US was involved in the Syrian Civil War.  There were some links posted that showed that the US was involved with opposition groups long before the war, but it wasn't clear whether that was usual State Department bullshit or whether the good old US government has been steering the entire region towards war for the past fifteen or so years, or whether things just went pear-shaped and the geniuses said "hey, you know those assholes who killed three thousand or so Americans at the beginning of this millennium?  Let's give them missiles!"

The analysis of available data on the alleged chemical attack by the Bellingcat website:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2018/04/11/open-source-survey-alleged-chemical-attacks-douma-7th-april-2018/

Didn't took the time to go through it in details yet, but it might interest somebody here.

Also bear in mind that the article is two days old, I don't know if new evidence have surfaced since then.

56 minutes ago, Alzoc said:

The analysis of available data on the alleged chemical attack by the Bellingcat website:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2018/04/11/open-source-survey-alleged-chemical-attacks-douma-7th-april-2018/

Didn't took the time to go through it in details yet, but it might interest somebody here.

Also bear in mind that the article is two days old, I don't know if new evidence have surfaced since then.

bellincrap link? Great, a site owner of which was cought complaining that Western propaganda was not doing enough and was not effective is of course a great source on this event. 

6 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

bellincrap link? Great, a site owner of which was cought complaining that Western propaganda was not doing enough and was not effective is of course a great source on this event. 

Well at least he is presenting the raw data on which he built his reasoning.

Since the only expertise yet has been done by Russia, an ally of Assad, and all they said was basically akin to "Nothing to see here" after going in and out for now I find it reasonable to consider all hypothesis for now.

12 minutes ago, Alzoc said:

Well at least he is presenting the raw data on which he built his reasoning.

Since the only expertise yet has been done by Russia, an ally of Assad, and all they said was basically akin to "Nothing to see here" after going in and out for now I find it reasonable to consider all hypothesis for now.

Bellincrap tries to assembly "raw" data into narrative. The real deal is that SAA can level towns and villages and kill 100s of people with MRLS strikes over cities and there will be no "outrage" and other theatrical crap like what currently is happening over this event. 

33 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Bellincrap tries to assembly "raw" data into narrative. The real deal is that SAA can level towns and villages and kill 100s of people with MRLS strikes over cities and there will be no "outrage" and other theatrical crap like what currently is happening over this event. 

Not saying the contrary.

Just saying that since all the info we have atm comes from the belligerents it has to be taken with a pinch of salt, especially when the two versions are so different.

4 minutes ago, Alzoc said:

Not saying the contrary.

Just saying that since all the info we have atm comes from the belligerents it has to be taken with a pinch of salt, especially when the two versions are so different.

I have my own version, with blackjack and hookers - in reality, outside of theatrical perfomances of politicains this chemical attack or "chemical attack" doesn't matter as attack didn't killed\"killed" more than any other serious weapon system killed in Syria, it didn't changed anything from military POV, it didn't brought down human rights or dignity more than artillery did in Eastern Ghouta. Now we have this theater of hollowbodied bastards the real event doesn't matter for them either. It is simulacrum that exist outside of an actual event.

Hold on US, E-Stonia is coming to help you!

Estonia will send 3 boats to the coast of Syria to help the US Navy
   Immediately three border boats will be send by Estonia to the coast of Syria in the Mediterranean Sea to help the navies of the US and other NATO countries. This was stated by the Commander-in-Chief of the Estonian Armed Forces, General Riho Terras.
   "We feel that today, more than ever, NATO allies need our support. We sent the entire Estonian navy to the shores of Syria to fight dictator Assad. For us it is very important. We do not want his henchmen to spray mustard over Tallinn or Kohtla-Jarve in the future," the general said.

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Hold on US, E-Stonia is coming to help you!

The governments of these baltic countries remind me of those countries that aligned themselves with  Nazi Germany during WW2. They seem to sell themselves to anyone just to get revenge.  I wonder if these governments (butthurt troublemakers)will still be so enthusiastic and confrontational if push comes to shove.

12 minutes ago, Laviduce said:

The governments of these baltic countries remind me of those countries that aligned themselves with  Nazi Germany during WW2. They seem to sell themselves to anyone just to get revenge.  I wonder if these governments (butthurt troublemakers)will still be so enthusiastic and confrontational if push comes to shove.

I think it has little to do with revenge and more to do with showing acts of good faith toward the US and NATO so that they will help them against neighboring Russia, which they identify as a threat, if necessary.

26 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

This was a joke. I though that words "3 boats" and "entire Estonia  fleet" we're obvious indicators. Funny that people took it seriously. 

Actually it's very close to 3 if I trust wikipedia^^

So if as much as one ship was decommissioned, or unavailable since the last wiki update, the "3 boats is the entire Estonian navy" would had been true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Estonian_Navy_ships