Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

https://ecoross1.livejournal.com/716218.html

One of bloggers that i saw many times in LJ:

I was in Syria. No, it's not a joke.
Via the Ministry of Defense lines. They called, offered, agreed.
   Immediately I will say that the fact that I was in Syria does not make me a Simonov, Tvardovsky, Polevoy or Kapa. Or Poddubny. They are not me.
   In just 21-22 of April, it is impossible to inspect the whole of Syria. Especially to tell about all at once. But what I saw, I'll try to cover.

VKD2BBR.jpg

Photos here, i will not translate all of his comments as majority of them are uninteresting for those who follow this thread. Will add my own if there is something worth noting.

Hmeymim AB

Spoiler

Bus from inside

TlaxtCG.jpg

Frgq4bY.jpg

Base itself and gabions as protection

aAykAIY.jpg

A6SyrKq.jpg

57aHX5S.jpg

uqRUl2O.jpg

1g03goT.jpg

tgqHXDs.jpg

Aircrafts fly around the clock, every few minutes.

k8Sdtb8.jpg

I must say - there is everything necessary for the service on the base. And even more. The club (huge, with a cinema), a museum, a library (with some modern book series - some were immediately recognised), a field church (see below), a laundry room - with modern machines and dryers. Fresh asphalt. There is a meeting room, there are special mobile phones. In the dining room among other things - large TV screens. Own bakery. Even when they arrived, immediately drew attention to the fact that there is a large corner of modern sport gear. And it was used very tightly. Voentorg - water bought there is very much helped out later. In general - water and wet napkins will be useful for you here. There is ice cream, coffee, tea, gingerbread, soups and stuff. We saw - people are buying them.

cZhheis.jpg

Room of psychological relaxation. There are lounges, adjusted to any parameters and poses. On the ceiling there is a special noiseless "color music". Virtual reality goggles - surprisingly light, also freely adjusted. One type is tropical islands with light music, the second is relaxing audio hypnosis.

gnwyehC.jpg

NxeeqLE.jpg

EOjVUww.jpg

kMYHd2C.jpg

cYDrjua.jpg

sbvglrg.jpg

It is very similar to the area of the 35th battery near Sevastopol. Or the Red Glade near Sochi. That is the most beautiful and well-kept places of a similar climate that I saw.

But this is not a resort.

4thG7XC.jpg

"Street Hero of Russia Oleg Peshkov"

Qj1E1BG.jpg

dYiTr4p.jpg

uTXcqn5.jpg

"Military Police RF"

tbD1UzK.jpg

obyCdeS.jpg

4eDtQ79.jpg

09ifdzP.jpg

w2NuAFb.jpg

"Thank you Russia!" (Stonecutter Suleiman Hudr Aleh? Homs province, Noekha)

SdlRTSG.jpg

UApkFl0.jpg

B8zdXC5.jpg

aq2IRjB.jpg

Baking bread, quickly. The bread is delicious, hot.

Canteen. Outside, very peaceful, even a home view. Inside ventilation [conditioner, maybe], TV. The food there is very tasty - I can confirm. Puree, soup, chocolate, chicken, meat, milk, chicory ... Radishes and other vegetables, a lot of them.

QsdgZhB.jpg

Club, cinema

UD5Zjkb.jpg

Preparations for Victory Parade

AHklMa7.jpg

FinReoW.jpg

5ufnyj7.jpg

dBcLCDu.jpg

So loudly fans of Warhammer on my memory have not thought yet :)

uur6j9b.jpg

8aYKzfI.jpg

vFMBMAE.jpg

GqywG5g.jpg

fZS8oYN.jpg

For knive throwing

iDY7MFe.jpg

qGWgRQL.jpg

CvKfdzh.jpg

GUr6Jdx.jpg

AS2tzbv.jpg

xzWYRlc.jpg

Aleppo/ Journalists arrived to Kuweiris on the plane and then went to Aleppo by cars

0GGBUgk.jpg

Spoiler

RxuqVSF.jpg

MP arrived to Humaymah Al-Kabirah to local school, brought some aid

dmmdpql.jpg

MfVLpHP.jpg

zQFK9On.jpg

Wx91iW1.jpg

HSiHkT5.jpg

WKhmoBi.jpg

In Aleppo - a very strong contrast. Just look at the photo (it's at the citadel, the center). A large modern beautiful city, the XXI century. Some blocks along the road are in ruins. Simultaneously and often right there in the same place - crowds of people, smiles, brisk trade, lots of advertising, vacationers are photographed against the backdrop of attractions ...  Ice cream. Again the ruins. And the city is alive.

MSOxiNy.jpg

fLIoyEI.jpg

q3X13tP.jpg

I8W8SmG.jpg

vZdEhNf.jpg

PEGbuLG.jpg

I1sfX5A.jpg

1GUEhc2.jpg

IkndyoH.jpg

AYICgMp.jpg

seOdXTt.jpg

umlsvFJ.jpg

5QaYUxZ.jpg

esee4Q1.jpg

EGLQxK5.jpg

PrSn169.jpg

qZeHgoM.jpg

RRYtgAQ.jpg

m6dz7K0.jpg

eAE8U62.jpg

t1FfPx1.jpg

The people are very nice. Cheerful friendly. Learned that we are Russians - thanked. And even without knowing the language - they react remarkably. Very openly smile. I hope they will live in peace - that they deserved.

A Russian soldiers near the Qatari Palace in Palmyra city, it is owned by the former head of Qatar prince Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the palace was not looted due to the strict security measures around it, until ISIS stormed Palmyra and trashed it

Db3_2I8W0AA1qnB.jpg