Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
LoooSeR

Syrian conflict.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

When did he push for an invasion into Iraq? And when did he push to overthrow Assad?

2 seconds of googling

 

"and advised Congress that a U.S. invasion of Iraq would be "a good choice.""

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donward said:

But Muh Strawman arguments!

 

Also LOL at the "Occupied" Golan Heights.

 

Quote

The United States considers the Golan Heights to be Syrian territory held under Israeli occupation subject to negotiation and Israeli withdrawal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

"and advised Congress that a U.S. invasion of Iraq would be "a good choice.""

 

Video title is misleading, he wasn't a PM back then, but he did say during the video that the information he relied on was the one he had access to during his term, which ended in 1999. Perhaps the possibility of Iraq developing WMDs was considered real back then.

A decapitation of Iraq's leadership, i.e Saddam Hussein, is known to have long been in Israel's plans. Iraq was still viewed as no less of a threat than Syria or Egypt or Jordan back when the wars raged on, as they would send masses of troops and support during wartime. RAFAEL was tasked with the development of a weapon to do this. They called it Tamuz in Hebrew, and Spike NLOS in English. Whole thing went bust when they accidentally test fired a live missile which ended up killing a bunch of folks. 

 

But Syria? Nah. At least I've never heard of this.

 

11 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

 

The United States considers the Golan Heights to be Syrian territory held under Israeli occupation subject to negotiation and Israeli withdrawal.

 

Yet that didn't really work. The withdrawal from the Golan Heights was negotiated during Olmert's term as PM. Israel demanded in return that a comprehensive peace plan will be signed, but also that Iran will not be allowed to have presence in Syria. Obviously the Syrians refused to that, likely because they wanted Iranian support. 

But today, even if some negotiations will restart, I don't think anyone in their right mind would support such a move, where Assad would gain the Golan heights. He just cannot be trusted with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

-snip-

 

Photo of that Pantsir.

 

Gotta love how Russian sources, as well as occasionally Syrian ones, try to just completely speculate what the missiles were without even doing the slightest effort to verify.

The IDF doesn't use the IAI Harop.

The IDF doesn't use the SkySniper.

The IDF doesn't use the Extra, Predator Hawk, or LORA.

And the IDF certainly won't use Jericho missiles unless it's a nuclear war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Israel demanded in return that a comprehensive peace plan will be signed, but also that Iran will not be allowed to have presence in Syria. Obviously the Syrians refused to that, likely because they wanted Iranian support. 

 

See, that's the bit Israel doesn't get.....You don't get anything in return for ceasing to violate international law.  Sorry, that's just how it is, or rather it's how it should be.  It's like a burglar expecting the courts to force you to pay him for leaving your property.

 

Also Israel doesn't get a say in who has influence in other nations, that's not how that works either.....Now I know Israel hasn't had much time to learn the diplomatic niceties that come with nationhood, but this is pretty elementary stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Photo of that Pantsir.

 

Regarding the video and the after picture.

 

-the radar was upright but not spinning, indicating it was off

-the kamikaze drone struck the bed of the truck, not the cab

if the missiles were expended why did they char the end of their tubes like they caught fire after being hit After reviewing video they do dirty up their tubes like that when firing.

 

Seems pretty straightforward that they got caught with their pants down, which isn't a reflection of the capability of a Pantsir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

 

It's like a burglar expecting the courts to force you to pay him for leaving your property.

 

This is a terrible analogy by the way, unless you think Syria was a victim in the Six Day war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

 

 

The United States considers the Golan Heights to be Syrian territory held under Israeli occupation subject to negotiation and Israeli withdrawal.

 

I bet the Trump stance on this is very different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

 

See, that's the bit Israel doesn't get.....You don't get anything in return for ceasing to violate international law.  Sorry, that's just how it is, or rather it's how it should be.  It's like a burglar expecting the courts to force you to pay him for leaving your property.

 

Also Israel doesn't get a say in who has influence in other nations, that's not how that works either.....Now I know Israel hasn't had much time to learn the diplomatic niceties that come with nationhood, but this is pretty elementary stuff.

 

There are many ways to interpret the law, but there is one thing certain:

You don't start shit you cant finish.

 

The Syrians were at war with the Israelis. That's fine. In 1948 they knew Israel was very weak, and its territory was ripe for taking. At the time it seemed like the right strategic move.

 

But when they started draining Israel's water sources and firing on Israeli towns with artillery that was very hard to hit back (due to the altitude, the Golan Heights were a strategic position for artillery), they should have at least taken into account a possibility in which they would lose. 

 

But apparently in the Arab world it's the pride that trumps everything. That's why nearly every Arab country that isn't a major oil exporting state, is so underdeveloped, while Israel is pretty much like an average Western European country on the development index.

 

Assad could get the Golan through diplomacy. Now, if he wants it back, he can rile up as many man as possible and try to retake it by force. 

 

Again, don't start shit you can't finish.

 

6 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

 

Regarding the video and the after picture.

 

-the radar was upright but not spinning, indicating it was off

-the kamikaze drone struck the bed of the truck, not the cab

if the missiles were expended why did they char the end of their tubes like they caught fire after being hit After reviewing video they do dirty up their tubes like that when firing.

 

Seems pretty straightforward that they got caught with their pants down, which isn't a reflection of the capability of a Pantsir.

 

That is, if that Pantsir worked alone. Aren't there supposed to be batteries of these things? If there was a whole battery, then either they all expended their missiles, which indicates a massive failure to hit cruise missiles and PGMs, or they really don't know how to manage munitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

 

Gotta love how Russian sources, as well as occasionally Syrian ones, try to just completely speculate what the missiles were without even doing the slightest effort to verify.

The IDF doesn't use the IAI Harop.

The IDF doesn't use the SkySniper.

The IDF doesn't use the Extra, Predator Hawk, or LORA.

And the IDF certainly won't use Jericho missiles unless it's a nuclear war.

Video is from Wael, who reported about that Pantsir first in his twitter.

There were no "Russian sources" about this event, at least far from being first and IIRC MoD didn't reported details.

 

7 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

 

Regarding the video and the after picture.

 

-the radar was upright but not spinning, indicating it was off

-the kamikaze drone struck the bed of the truck, not the cab

if the missiles were expended why did they char the end of their tubes like they caught fire after being hit After reviewing video they do dirty up their tubes like that when firing.

 

Seems pretty straightforward that they got caught with their pants down, which isn't a reflection of the capability of a Pantsir.

Cabin could mean crew cabin, not driver place

1611204_1000.jpg

 

   From US/Coalition cruise missile strike Pantsir's missile containers after firing:

1612251_1000.jpg

+

1 hour ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

.....

That is, if that Pantsir worked alone. Aren't there supposed to be batteries of these things? If there was a whole battery, then either they all expended their missiles, which indicates a massive failure to hit cruise missiles and PGMs, or they really don't know how to manage munitions.

   I will not be surprised if they had just one Pantsir on that AB in total. Syrian AA is incomplete, which is why they showed mediocre results (including US/Coalition cruise missile strike with ~65% intercepted missiles) and thats why there are talks about S-300.

   And yes, Wael wrote that Pantsir was being reloaded in his first twitt.

 

16 hours ago, Donward said:

Israel has "Occupied" the Golan Heights longer than Syria ever controlled them. It's been 51 years.

Didn't changed legal (or illegal) status, thought.

 

7 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

This is a terrible analogy by the way, unless you think Syria was a victim in the Six Day war.

Agree. And Syrians fucked up themselfs with that.

 

6 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

I bet the Trump stance on this is very different. 

   Of course, as a lot of politicians in US, i think. A bit unrelated - in light of Iranian deal flushed down the toilet, it will be interesting to see reaction (or no reaction) from North Korea.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Video is from Wael, who reported about that Pantsir first in his twitter.

There were no "Russian sources" about this event, at least far from being first and IIRC MoD didn't reported details.

 

Maybe not about this event, but I do remember in one of the past incidents, just casually watching the news, seeing an out-of-the-blue claim that a SkySniper missile was used against some SAM installation. That was Russian TV by the way, and I have seen enough claims about ground based long range rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

 

Quote

Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says

   Well, time to post DEBKA here as well, i guess. Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is a "source" of very questinable quality. I try to avoid any information from this source, as much as from Al-Masdar and few others.

 

Another such POS:

Quote

@AmirTaheri4
TEHRAN- So far bodies of 14 Iranian officers killed in Israeli attacks on Iranian bases in Syria have arrived. They will be buried quietly in their native towns. Unlike previous occasions this time there will be no pomp and ceremony. Media ordered to hush-up the whole thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Taheri

 

And still, no good info on casualities of Iranians, if we don't count "Iranians" i posted earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

 

Maybe not about this event, but I do remember in one of the past incidents, just casually watching the news, seeing an out-of-the-blue claim that a SkySniper missile was used against some SAM installation. That was Russian TV by the way, and I have seen enough claims about ground based long range rockets.

https://imp-navigator.livejournal.com/730342.html

Yuri Lyamin is very good expert on ME.

Quote

   Something I saw at different sites - a speculations of what weapon system desotryed Syrian "Pantsir-S1". Some say that it was Spike, others - the UAV-kamikaze Harop. However, the Mezze airbase is generally outside the range of Spike NLOS, from the Mezze airbase to the nearest Israeli positions more than 40 km. But the most important thing is that if you look at the frames of the launch of different missiles, you can clearly see that the picture with a black cross of the sight and a black dot is typical for the picture from the Delilah cruise missile camera, with the Iranian mobile control center of the UAV at T4 airbase in February this year, that was when the Israeli F-16I, which participated in the raid, was shot down.

 

   For comparison.
Destruction of the Syrian "Pantsir-S1"

1704365_1000.jpg

 

Destruction of the Iranian mobile control center of the UAV

7

 

And these are the frames from the previously known cases of the Delilah CM uses

6

/..../

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

One of the rockets fired by the Israeli enemy at dawn today, possibly a LORA rocket.

The Russians said that 10 Israeli surface-to-surface missiles were launched during their aggression at dawn.

Dc1NYN0W0AA0htB.jpg

 

Spoiler

Dc1NYNjWAAE8VX1.jpg

Whatever it is, reported that was found after Isreali attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

 

   Well, time to post DEBKA here as well, i guess. Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is a "source" of very questinable quality. I try to avoid any information from this source, as much as from Al-Masdar and few others.

 

Another such POS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Taheri

 

And still, no good info on casualities of Iranians, if we don't count "Iranians" i posted earlier.

 

I've heard thus far that they are biased in the numbers given, but I'm not too sure who they are biased for and against.

 

5 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:
Spoiler

Dc1NYN0W0AA0htB.jpg

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Dc1NYNjWAAE8VX1.jpg

Whatever it is, reported that was found after Isreali attack.

 

Doesn't seem to be any type of Israeli munition that I know of. Could be one of the many SAMs they fired?

 

35 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

https://imp-navigator.livejournal.com/730342.html

Yuri Lyamin is very good expert on ME.

 

And he is the only one so far that I've seen that made an actual assessment based on facts, and not some randomly chosen munition. Kudos to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

I've heard thus far that they are biased in the numbers given, but I'm not too sure who they are biased for and against.

 

 

Doesn't seem to be any type of Israeli munition that I know of. Could be one of the many SAMs they fired?

 

And he is the only one so far that I've seen that made an actual assessment based on facts, and not some randomly chosen munition. Kudos to him.

1) Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is in London, so it should be obvious.

 

2) IDK, didn't bother to check.

 

3) Maybe thats why i follow him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

NEW MAP: The evacuation process of the last "rebels" in/near #Damascus has been completed. #Babbila, #BeitSahm and #SidiMiqdat are now under  full Government control. Pressure on remaining #ISIS forces in #Yarmouk  Camp area will likely increase now. #Syria

Dc-1fdcWAAAxi-3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By LoooSeR
      Hello, my friends and Kharkovites, take a sit and be ready for your brains to start to work - we are going to tell you a terrible secret of how to tell apart Soviet tanks that actually works like GLORIOUS T-80 and The Mighty T-72 from Kharkovites attempt to make a tank - the T-64. Many of capitalists Westerners have hard time understanding what tank is in front of them, even when they know smart words like "Kontakt-5" ERA. Ignoramus westerners!
       
       
         Because you are all were raised in several hundreds years old capitalism system all of you are blind consumer dummies, that need big noisy labels and shiny colorful things to be attached to product X to be sold to your ignorant heads and wallets, thats why we will need to start with basics. BASICS, DA? First - how to identify to which tank "family" particular MBT belongs to - to T-64 tree, or T-72 line, or Superior T-80 development project, vehicles that don't have big APPLE logo on them for you to understand what is in front of you. And how you can do it in your home without access to your local commie tank nerd? 
       
       
         Easy! Use this Putin approved guide "How to tell appart different families of Soviet and Russian tanks from each other using simple and easy to spot external features in 4 steps: a guide for ignorant western journalists and chairborn generals to not suck in their in-depth discussions on the Internet".
       
       
       
      Chapter 1: Where to look, what to see.
       
      T-64 - The Ugly Kharkovite tank that doesn't work 
       
         We will begin with T-64, a Kharkovite attempt to make a tank, which was so successful that Ural started to work on their replacement for T-64 known as T-72. Forget about different models of T-64, let's see what is similar between all of them.
       
       
       

       
       
         
       
       
      T-72 - the Mighty weapon of Workers and Peasants to smash westerners
       
         Unlike tank look-alike, made by Kharkovites mad mans, T-72 is true combat tank to fight with forces of evil like radical moderate barbarians and westerners. Thats why we need to learn how identify it from T-64 and you should remember it's frightening lines!
       

       
       
       
      The GLORIOUS T-80 - a Weapon to Destroy and Conquer bourgeois countries and shatter westerners army
       
         And now we are looking at the Pride of Party and Soviet army, a true tank to spearhead attacks on decadent westerners, a tank that will destroy countries by sucking their military budgets and dispersing their armies in vortex of air, left from high-speed charge by the GLORIOUS T-80!

      The T-80 shooting down jets by hitting them behind the horizont 
          
    • By LoooSeR
      T-14 ARMATA 
      (edited)
              This thread is about glorious russian MBT T-14, known as "Armada", "T-95", "black eagle", "T-99" and other stupid Western names given to Object 148 (T-14 in some recent documents). Here is number of images connected to that vehicle.
       

      Official model of unknown "artillery vehicle". Yeah, Putin, we know that this is T-14. Note Gatling gun on turret right side.
       
      Artist impression of T-14 based on known model, by Fyodor Podporin. 
       

      T-14 will use Relikt ERA, which is considerable improvement over Kontakt-5 in resisting to tandem HEAT warheads and EFPs.

       
      Side skirts would be thicker on a real vehicle, i think. Relikt have AFAIK bigger size than Kontakt-5 ERA build-in blocks.

       
       
       
       
       
      Whole album with renders: 
      http://imgur.com/a/8Tn9b
       
      Video of same render from same artist:

       
       
            People expect that tank would have turret weapon system like what you see on the BMP-3 "Bakhcha-U" turret - a lot of weapons in one turret for one gunner to work with. T-14 is rumored to be equipped with 30 (or even 57) mm autocannon, 4-6 barrel gatling type MG/HMG, new 125 (2A82) or even 152 mm (2A83) smoothbore cannons. Turret is unmanned, crew of 3 would be located in frontal part of hull, behind very serious frontal armor inside of compartment, well protected from all directions. Cannon would be loaded by new autoloading device. I hope that Burevestnik is working on them, those guys managed to make 100 mm Naval gun with RoF of 300 shots per minute.
       
            I really like how turret looks, but i don't understand why there is such a big turret "busket" for unmanned turret with all ammo placed inside of hull in special armored housing. Also, i don't see gunner sight and proposed FSC radar on 3D model (i assume that panoramic sight is for commander). Laser sensors on 3D model are from T-90A variant of "Shtora".
       
            Some officials mentioned works on new active protection system, that consist of powerfull radar station, that can work on "long ranges" and engage incoming projectiles (missiles) with that gatling MG. Will this system survive development stage and be presented on serial tanks is unknown. Although turret for T-15 Armata-based IFV already was shown with new APS "Afganit".
       
            If you pay attention you may see that artist used T-80 rollers for Armata chassis, and this is not a mistake - according to some sources Armata heavy chassis will use T-80 or T-80-like rollers to save weight. And looking at rear part of that tank you may notice a engine deck from gas-turbine equipped version of the T-80, which can be mistake becuase MoD want Armata with new ~1500 HP diesel engine. 
    • By Tied
      Yes
       
      i personally support it, by finding the KGB Felix Dzerzhinsky greatly improved state scurrility both inside the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and abroad (their jurisdiction was only domestic, but they kept the internationally influential people safe at night)   a dedicated defender of both the Revolution and all the Soviet peoples     what do you think of this news?
×