Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

First satellite photos showing the 'glass house' and a nearby warehouse being the subject of Israeli attacks in Syria past week.

What interested me is the fact that the glass house remained intact but was probably bombed with acoustic bombs to force its evacuation.

For those who are unaware or have forgotten, the "glass house" is Iran's center of operations, their HQ in Syria. It has been under watch by many for quite some time.

I think it was a good choice to keep it intact. This way they ensured the Iranians will return to it when things calm down and keep running ops from there, meaning that if things really escalate to a full blown conflict, whoever will be there will be a very easy target, instead of having to look for them in new, better concealed spots they may find had it been destroyed, throwing away years of intelligence.

As for how it has been done; It could have been evacuated due to the sound of distant explosions of a nearby warehouse just several kilometers from there (which likely housed the yet untested indigenous Iranian "3rd of Khordad" SAM). But I think a more likely scenario would be using the Mikholit, which are small missiles with a low weight and no warhead, that emit a sound that imitates an explosion but don't actually cause any harm to the building. They were developed for the conflicts in Gaza and have been used extensively in the 2012 and 2014 operations, effectively causing many residents to leave their buildings and neighborhoods before attacks or airstrikes, thus significantly reducing civilian casualties. 

What a Mikholit looks like:

Spoiler

COdVK42UwAAtAwj.jpg

Photos of before the after:

47 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

But I think a more likely scenario would be using the Mikholit, which are small missiles with a low weight and no warhead, that emit a sound that imitates an explosion but don't actually cause any harm to the building. They were developed for the conflicts in Gaza and have been used extensively in the 2012 and 2014 operations, effectively causing many residents to leave their buildings and neighborhoods before attacks or airstrikes, thus significantly reducing civilian casualties.  

Interesting, could you tell us more? The only things I can find on the english web related to them is some bleating from left-wing press about israeli forces creating sonic booms over disputed territories in '05, and the standard use of serious loudspeakers for crowd dispersal

22 minutes ago, Xlucine said:

Interesting, could you tell us more? The only things I can find on the english web related to them is some bleating from left-wing press about israeli forces creating sonic booms over disputed territories in '05, and the standard use of serious loudspeakers for crowd dispersal

There isn't much to tell other than what I have already told. These are very small missiles that are reportedly usually carried by UAVs (such as Hermes 450), and are launched at targets that are either about to be bombed (several minutes), or as warning in a general way, such as to avoid bunching up or that certain areas are dangerous.

If you want to look up for more info on your own, your best bet would be "Knock On The Roof Protocol". 

It was also often criticized for providing combatants with a warning that the IDF knows their location and is about to bomb, giving them plenty of time to flee. But I think, and the IDF thinks as well, that this is a worthwhile risk. 

Sonic booms are still somewhat of a thing. One of these above the house of a prominent Hamas leader will give him a good spook. Although these only happen when things escalate pretty badly.

EDIT: There are plenty of Youtube videos if you search "knock on the roof" that show this in action. I would link some but I am on my phone and it is nap time.

On 12 May 2018 at 3:11 AM, Ramlaen said:

This is a terrible analogy by the way, unless you think Syria was a victim in the Six Day war.

Sorry, what analogy would you prefer?

Murderous fascist psychopath?

Homicidal child rapist?

There are just so many to choose from!  Why not take a look and choose your own:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/05/11/the-dark-side-of-israeli-independence/

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Homicidal child rapist?

There are just so many to choose from!  Why not take a look and choose your own:

That can be said about a lot of old countries.

2 days ago

I’m sorry to announce that
First lieutenant Ali Essa Mustafa was martyred too due to heavy injuries occurred from the shrapnels
He was the other crew member of the Pantsir that was hit. 

Rest In Peace sir.

DdAcPisXkAAWAFL.jpg

DdAcPipX0AEx1dH.jpg

So, result of isreali strike is Syrians soldiers dead, some infrastucture damaged. Claimed killed Iranians are nowhere to be found.  

DdJ6MEnU0AYDbFY.jpg

Yarmouk

DdJ4xecVAAEEIlb.jpg

#Syria Liwa AL Quds commanders awarded by the Russian general Alexey.
- Shady Agha, the operations commander in Liwa AL Quds at AL Yarmouk Camp axis
- Shady Hadid (Al Cameroni) the military commander of Liwa AL Quds in Deir EzZor.

DdJ0u7PUQAAz-Yy.jpg

Spoiler

DdJ0u8rVAAA1-ux.jpg

DdJ0u8PU8AAokpK.jpg

#Syria #Hama #SouthernHama - Western Salamiyah -  Photos From Today : Camera of the National Defence records the departure of militants and their families from Salamiye's western countryside and Hama's south eastern countryside through Al-Ramliyah passage to the Syrian north.

DdBmV3WX0AAXhQu.jpg

DdBmVbfWkAEFxwh.jpg

Spoiler

DdBmWnuX0AAW2Us.jpg

DdBmXc0X4AAMNs3.jpg

DdBmX9rWAAIw0ZE.jpg

DdBmYhBWsAANhY7.jpg

DdBNu4QXUAEgWxo.jpg

BREAKING: #Iran's Islamic regime is unable to retaliate #Israel's attacks at #IRGC but expects #Syria to slam #Israel. Today, Falahat-Pisheh, Islamic Regime PM & Foreign Policy Committee member warned #Syria's president #Assad to not follow #Russia's president #Putin orders!!!

Heshmatollah Falahat-Pisheh said: "Passive behavior of #Syria|n president regarding to the incident [#Israel's strikes against #IRGC on May 10] is unacceptable. Today #Assad exists in #Syria only because of our advisory supports & Iranians who died in past six years in Syria."

DdAboOTX0AEnnOm.jpg

Iran is in tricky position now after US flushed down the toilet nuclear deal and will put back wide sanctions against industry/money etc. of Iran and even claimed that sanctions will be put against EU if they will not follow them. Russian politicians (i posted quote in general news thread) said that they will supply Iran with what we want anyway, which means that now Russia can get some influence on Iran, which, depending how well will be handled, may end well or terrible, something like modern version of what happened with Griboedov.

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Homicidal child rapist?

Something that actually represents the relationship between Syria and Israel instead of a lazy fuck da joos!