Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

2 hours ago, Belesarius said:

Don't put articles from trashbins here, Bele.

This is absolutely retarded:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-treasury-warns-russian-plane-maker-against-role-in-chemical-strikes-1536875756

WASHINGTON—The U.S. could sanction Russia’s aircraft giant, JSC Sukhoi Co., if its planes are linked to chemical-weapons attacks in Syria, a top Trump administration official said Thursday, in another warning to Moscow as the U.S. tries to ward off a new assault on civilians.

I fully agree with the whole "if we don't sell them those weapons, somebody else will, and it may shift their political agenda against us later" type of thinking. Which is why I don't oppose Canada or the USA selling arms to incompetent turds like the KSA (although I believe there is a limit, where these countries become genocidal like Myanmar). This is exactly why they've been selling them weapons, and also exactly why it makes this statement so goddamn hypocritical. 

Don't judge others for realpolitiks when you're doing the same!

After recent talks

Idlib now - Putin and Sultan are walking around and screaming "nothing то sее here, go home guys"

Apperently operation is not happening (Shoigu told that on TV).

“We’ve agreed to create a demilitarized zone between the government troops and militants before October 15. The zone will be 15-20km wide, with full withdrawal of hardline militants from there, including the Jabhat Al-Nusra.”

Also, some sort of strikes in Lattakia

It appears that in the midst of the Israeli airstrikes in Latakia yesterday, the SAA has managed to bring down at least one missile called Il-20, operated by the RuAF:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/report-syria-mistakenly-downs-russian-plane-as-it-repels-alleged-israeli-strike/

Illustrative image:

iStock-867645408-640x400.jpg

In celebration of Amos 1's 30 years anniversary, the IMOD released some photos, with the most interesting being Assad's palace.

palace-640x400.jpg

Oh well I guess that we are off the suspect list already then.

According to the Russian MoD the FREMM Auvergne fired missiles just around the time communication was lost with the airplane.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/23655/russian-il-20-surveillance-plane-went-down-off-syrian-coast-during-israeli-missile-barrage

Both the US and France denied any involvement.

Any update on the localization of the crash site yet?

As i said at our Discord yesterday, SAA don't have good radar coverage and don't have proper Air defence system of country, a lot of outdated equipment, and now unsurprising shitty result. If our MoD/politicians didn't had their heads deep in their asses, at least new radars could have given to SAA to at least alow them to see better.

Screenshot from the MoD briefing - you can see the trajectory of the Israeli F-16 (blue) and our IL-20 (red)

DnXMuxwW0AAiqBz.jpg

According to the Ministry, IL-20 was shot down because of the actions of Israel, which on September 17, fired on the territory of Syria. On the planned rocket fire, Israel warned the Russian side a minute before the strike, because of which the IL-20 did not have time to bring into the safe zone.

The Defense Ministry noted that the Israeli fighters F-16 "covered themselves with Russian aircraft", putting it on the line of fire of Syria's air defense. Russia views Israel's actions as hostile and "reserves the right to adequate response actions".

I knew that Israeli strikes will end up for us with deaths of our soldiers, as they were bombing whatever they fucking wanted (and now they started to bomb Lattakia), but i was not expecting that first casualities from Israeli actions would be in that stupid way. Thanks to idiot in SAA that pressed buttons and Israeli strikes for starting this whole shit.