Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

http://ria.ru/world/20150930/1293841277.html#ixzz3nEGpNHjO

Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk called for an urgent response of the international community on the issue of Russia's military operation in Syria.  :wacko:

"The decision of the Federation Council of the Russian President for permission to send troops to any country in the world - it is a step in the destruction of the global security system".

http://ria.ru/world/20150930/1293841277.html#ixzz3nEGpNHjO

Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk called for an urgent response of the international community on the issue of Russia's military operation in Syria.  :wacko:

"The decision of the Federation Council of the Russian President for permission to send troops to any country in the world - it is a step in the destruction of the global security system".

"I am Syrian myself, from Raqqa, the daughter of a Mujahid. Believe me, it is not so simple, nobody wants Russians bomb ISIS"

So, when Poroshenko will do his another Je Suis <X>? Like, "Je Suis ISIS"?  :D

I already posted similar map here many pages ago. It was like this sinse... 2012/13, i think.

Nah. It's the same reaction I have whenever I look at a map of Syria. I always have to take the time to make sure one of the factions doesn't include Zoroastrian Space Mollusk from the Empire of Skruub the Magnificent or the Undead Czech Legion from 1919.

Russian pilots in Syria:

438069.jpg

:ph34r:

Mr. Bean is now a Russkie pilot?

One must really wonder that did somebody expect Russia to NOT hit whatever they or Assad like? According to my twitterfeed several "journalists" are surprised.

In discussions in Russian forums, one of possible strategy that we [Russia] can use is pressurizing rebels/insurgents/criminals groups by force to get into diplomatic talks. Jihadists/Islamists main organisations like ISIS and Nusra Front are left for major fight after that. 

Yes, I'd totally get that. What international media fails to recoqnize is the bottom line of Russia being there on the call of the only legitimate ruler of the country. Because thats what Assad is, do they like it or not.

Those medias are living on other planet, i no longer pay attention to them as they are just pre-made opinion to help media owner to push his idea/view/agenda/etc through wrapping real events into "right" flavor to feed population.

There are several people in otvaga forums, for example, that have direct connection to Syrians, there are interesting experts on ME here, as well, that actually tries to see sophisticated texture of region. Major english-language medias just don't bother with that, their narrative is that Assad from being normal ME country leader in pre-2010/11, became evil kid murderer in a month. And they will never fully admit their major mistakes, anyway.

Funnily enough, one of possible events, that our military experts were little bit afraid, was a possibility of coup against Assad by military high ranks to put a hardline politician into power.

Assad is much more legitimate leader of Syrian state than Poroshenko (aka "30 percent") in Ukraine, for example. But Poroshenko is democratical leader, waging war with part of his own country over federalisation question in civil war-like conflict, while Assad is terrible dictator for waging war over part of his country in civil war-like conflict.