Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Syrian conflict.

LoooSeR

Recent situation on @suriyakmaps map. 11th and 12th Turkish observation post were added to the collection of besieged ones. Now it looks likeSAA is heading towards Dara'at al Izza (the town and its surroundings were hit by many airstrikes today) which is located on the main highway connection with Turkey (M62). If SAA manages to continue further west it may cut the rest of Idlib from Turkey completely. What is also interesting is that SAA advanced from the SDF territory today (capturing of Shaykh Aqil and surroundings). 

ERABduXX0AEC26h?format=jpg&name=medium

2 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Results of FAB miss (i suspect FAB-500)

CntlE4E.jpg

I wouldn't call it a miss if it managed to knock out some 7-8 cars by shrapnels (not sure if the one on the far right was hit too or came later). 

Anyway this Anna video is literally filled with dead bodies and destroyed machinery. At some points it looked like a slaughter. 

4 hours ago, Beer said:

I wouldn't call it a miss if it managed to knock out some 7-8 cars by shrapnels (not sure if the one on the far right was hit too or came later). 

Anyway this Anna video is literally filled with dead bodies and destroyed machinery. At some points it looked like a slaughter. 

That’s usually the story when someone has a overwhelming air superiority. I doubt those akbars even had manpads with them. 

ATGMs launched by Syria rebels in February 2020 so far:

9M113 Konkurs (AT-5 Spandrel): 1
9K115-1 Metis-M (AT-13 Saxhorn 2): 2
9M133 Kornet (AT-14 Spriggan): 26
BGM-71 TOW-2A: 31
----------------
total: 60

ATGM launches in February 2020 so far.

Operation in Idlib (gif)

IcvDJqd.gif

So far i expect combat to stop pretty soon, as Turkey continue to increase level of conflict and i don't expect our side to push harder. Turkish forces at this point are probing SAA and level of Russian support to Syria. They don't conduct serious strategic-level attacks, at least for now and i expect our side to try to keep it in that way. Probably new talks and de-confliction will be tried soon, hard to say outcome as Sultan showed that he is quick to jump from one political stance to another. 

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Check 0:39. Clearly visible launch of MANPDAS from the Turkish base. It's most likely the failed attempt to hit a VKS Su-24M, i.e. a direct attack from TSK on a Russian plane. It looks like that may have the reason why VKS bombed the Turkish OP and killed TSK soldiers. Allegedly another video of the attempt is bellow. It also supports the theory that the two SyAAF Mi-8 were shot down directly by TSK, not by the rebels. 

A list of websites and twitter accounts which received a request from Turkish court to remove photos of destroyed Turkish armor:

And iIn Looser's words (or Orc's)... Kek