Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General cars and vehicles thread.

LoooSeR

Spoiler

Rezvani Tank is a project of the California company Rezvani Motors, which began in 2014 with sport models, but then discovered the world of brutal SUVs. The new Tank was created on the basis of the latest generation of Jeep Wrangler and borrowed a steel frame and an all-wheel drive from the “donor”.

/.../as its creators say, it has become "the most powerful production model of SUV in the world."

The top engine for the Tank SUV is the 6.5-liter V8 from Dodge Demon with 1000 hp and 1180 Nm of torque. Such modification, in which the Rezvani Tank received the prefix X in the name, will cost at least $ 349,000. For an extra charge, you can order armor plating, bulletproof glass and night vision system.

Spoiler

In addition, the manufacturer will offer a special version of the SUV, which will be called Military Edition. In this modification, the Rezvani Tank will receive gas masks, a night vision system, protection of the bottom from explosions, sirens and strobe lights, as well as an integrated system of protection against nuclear electromagnetic pulses.

:timwhat:

What this thing lacks is Clarkson's voice saying "We found the dumbest car... in the world"

Car expo in 1960s USSR

The exhibition was held in the pavilion "Engineering" VDNH (VDNH - Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy) in 1961. As part of the exposition of the automobile industry of the USSR, the latest cars and trucks, buses, including prototypes that have not yet been put into production, were demonstrated. The largest exhibits were located in open areas near the pavilion itself.

KAZ-605 "Kolhida" prototype

Spoiler

BelAZ-530

GAZ-13 "Chaika"

GAZ-21L "Volga"

GAZ-22 "Volga"

ZAZ-965 "Zaporozhets"

ZIL-111

LAZ-699A bus prototype

KrAZ

1 minute ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Nice! 

How many miles does it have on it?   

The new parts look so out of placed. Its funny to think that thing is pushing 20 years. 

Engine has 143k miles on it. It's from a 1999 GMC Sierra. Early series Ls engine. Just what I was looking for to stick in my 1996 chassis/1995 body Silverado GMT400.

21 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Did it come with its computer, and will all your gauges and shit work?  I see you got ACDelco parts, and cheaper stuff, smart.  

No computer or anything. Paid 250 bucks for the engine. But my truck's computer can work with it I believe. Swapping everything out with AC Delco or Delphi for what counts. Waiting on an alternator/power steering bracket to arrive so I can finish with the accessories.

I'm still researching exactly what I'll need to mate up the transmission. I think I just need to swap out the flywheel, but it might also need a different throw-out bearing. 

My current Wiring harness can be cut to work with this engine as well. 

Be sure and replace the pilot bushing while your in there. 

I always went with AC Delco or the Ford Brand rebuilds or new parts cause I had some many of the cheaper parts house rebuilds fail right out of the box. 

I was wondering about the wiring harness, they are not that many years apart, so I bet you don't have to cut much. 

On 8/30/2019 at 7:11 AM, LoooSeR said:

Car expo in 1960s USSR

KAZ-605 "Kolhida" prototype

Reveal hidden contents

BelAZ-530

GAZ-13 "Chaika"

GAZ-21L "Volga"

GAZ-22 "Volga"

ZAZ-965 "Zaporozhets"

ZIL-111

LAZ-699A bus prototype

KrAZ

Oh that COE.  What great lines.

Plymouth Belmont Concept car

rurSYBZ.jpg

The concept of a two-seater Plymouth Belmont was created in 1954 by Chrysler Corporation and was the first car created by the concern using fiberglass. The car was equipped with a 4-liter 150hp V8 engine and semi-automatic gearbox. In addition to the fiberglass body, the car received a leather interior, a radio, air conditioning and a folding roof. Only 1 Belmont was build and was first presented to the public at the 1954 New York Auto Show

Spoiler

UVdfNTL.jpg

8b7yUB8.jpg

8OyW37E.jpg

L1uNIAY.jpg

gGQXK7l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Manta Ray concept car, 1953.

OXbPKbU.jpg

The concept of a two-seater sportcar equipped with a fiberglass body was created in 1953 by Glen Heere and Vernon Antononi, members of the guided missile and jet aircraft design department of the American airline North American Aviation. Creating a car was carried out privately, in the workshop owned by Hiru and Anthony. When creating the Manta Ray, the Studebaker Commander car chassis was used. Since the authors focused on creating a new body, the chassis and engine were used without significant changes. The main feature of the car was the new fiberglass body, assembled from 14 parts cast separately. The car was presented to the public in 1954 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, where it aroused interest, while Heer and Anthony received a special show prize. Subsequently, the inventors considered the serial production of Manta Ray, but they failed to realize their plan.

Spoiler

ygPvknx.jpg

s9Wu21y.jpg

DDSy9GM.jpg

bWCQFy7.jpg

732YpA7.jpg

VJAKp8I.jpg

5rn2jwF.jpg

KWlhbFH.jpg

ljgpu6t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Japanese Toyopet prototype

Arfy8lL.jpg

It looks hideous.

The two-seater Toyopet prototype was created by the designers of the Japanese engineering concern Toyota in 1955-1957. Only one was made. In the design of the experimental sport car, the components of the Toyopet Master serial car were used

Spoiler

KHL2yir.jpg

fOkAuGD.jpg

NM96aVV.jpg