Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

This is my boomstick!

I was watching Army of Darkness last night, and a question came into my mind.  For those of you who may not be familiar with the film (and you should feel shame if you have not seen it), at a certain point the main character says to a crowd of medieval peasants:

"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. You see this? This....is my BOOMSTICK!! It's a 12-gauge double barreled Remington. S-Marts top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department.

That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart."

Being a resident of Grand Rapids MI, I have never heard of guns being manufactured here.  Anyone know if shotguns were ever made in this town? 

According to the Internet Movie Firearms Database (the go to site for finding what guns are used in films) the Boomstick in Army of Darkness is a Stoeger Coach gun.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Army_of_Darkness#Stoeger_Coach_Gun

Ash is either living in a fictional universe where Remington makes guns in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Or Ash is an idiot which is why he works for S-Mart. 

According to the Internet Movie Firearms Database (the go to site for finding what guns are used in films) the Boomstick in Army of Darkness is a Stoeger Coach gun.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Army_of_Darkness#Stoeger_Coach_Gun

Ash is either living in a fictional universe where Remington makes guns in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Or Ash is an idiot which is why he works for S-Mart. 

So it's not even the same sawed off gun he had in Evil Dead II.  Heh.