Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

I'm really missing having single player campaigns, especially now that we're actually getting tank/plane/chopper games again.

Seconded, with the addition that my connection is shit and living in SA dooms me to 250+ ping at best.

RoF is a pain in the ass to set up, control-wise, btw.

Humble Bundle has a Star Wars bundle for $10 you get a shitton of Star Wars games.  I'm grabbing this tomorrow when I get paid.  Would pay the $10 just to get Kotor and Kotor II on my Steam account. with the TIE Fighter/X-Wing games and Empire at War gold edition, this is a steal.

https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars?utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=f109b3a7f1-Star_Wars_Humble_Bundle_2

It's really ambitious. I hope the best for it. I'm playing assloads of Stardew Valley right now. It basically takes SNES Harvest Moon and expands it by adding tons of new features, combat sections, and removes Harvest Moon's being able to miss objects. It's relaxing and addictive.

This is all keeping me occupied before The Division. I played three of the betas for it, and I really like what they're doing. The Dark Zone is a really neat idea for PvP, and our group ate up Borderlands so the PvE co-op is getting us right away. I think they balanced the shooter mechanics with RPG number games well, and I just hope it stays interesting to play.

That looks interesting, not going to lie.

I'm liking the fact they want to go back to CoD1/2 times. With most current games the maps are too small and everything is generally happening way to quickly. It's more or less "who fires first wins". Which should lead to campy gameplay, but it doesn't because the movement speed is so high they're behind you before you can say "How the fuck did you get here?". Everybody is just yoloing forward until they see an enemy. AND THE FLY-Y ZOOM-Y THINGEYS AREN'T HELPING, CALL OF DUTY.

I;m not the biggest fan of streak bonuses/power ups in a FPS. Just not a mechanic I'm in favor of.

This looks like a bit more skill oriented.  I mean, I know I don't have the reflexes of a 16 year old, but I want to hit what I aim at, and pick a weapon that rewards skill shots over spray and pray.  That looks possible in that game.

Yeah the killstreaks and shit get annoying quickly, but I rather like the whole "upgrade your weapon" thing. But then again, that's not really possible with WW2 weapons.

I generally favour bolt/semi actions over full auto weapons in games that don't have a shitty hit registration or retarded lag compensation.