Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

I disagree only in 2 things...

1) there are no "characters" in this CoD exactly because all of them do nothing in actual plot. Don't know where Raycevic found those "characters" (with arguable exception of Ethan robot)

2) there are about 2 or 3 mission at most which are above "generic/crappy". One of them was on asteroid spining out of control and flying towards the sun, second was SDF attack.

@Sturgeon, if VR will managed to "penetrate" into average gamer's playing equipment in next decade, a difficulty levels in first person shooters will be needed to be balanced according to average gamer's physical capabilities... Let's say that 15 minutes of my first attempt to play a VR FPS ended up with my hands being tired (shooting pistols from 2 hands left and right, lol), so i guess either gamers will become more fit, or games will become slower.

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

@Sturgeon, if VR will managed to "penetrate" into average gamer's playing equipment in next decade, a difficulty levels in first person shooters will be needed to be balanced according to average gamer's physical capabilities... Let's say that 15 minutes of my first attempt to play a VR FPS ended up with my hands being tired (shooting pistols from 2 hands left and right, lol), so i guess either gamers will become more fit, or games will become slower.

Proper FPS play should still get you pretty tired if you're not weak. Most people can't hold a mouse properly.

I mean it's not massive physical exertion, but most stereotypical 'weak' gamers can't keep up a proper mouse hold for several hours of practice.

Just now, Sturgeon said:

Proper FPS play should still get you pretty tired if you're not weak. Most people can't hold a mouse properly.

I mean it's not massive physical exertion, but most stereotypical 'weak' gamers can't keep up a proper mouse hold for several hours of practice.

I should clarify that this has nothing on "full" VR with a running stand and shit. I imagine that gets properly tiring after not so long. I guess FPS players will just have to get more fit to rise to the top.