Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

"Why is the average AAA story worse than Transformers?" This one quote is freaking brilliant."

If this what his average viewer sees as "brilliance", no wonder he can get away with just bitching for over 20 minutes about how bad "MODERN GAMING!" is without ever making a single point at all.

"Why is the average AAA story worse than Transformers?" This one quote is freaking brilliant."

If this what his average viewer sees as "brilliance", no wonder he can get away with just bitching for over 20 minutes about how bad "MODERN GAMING!" is without ever making a single point at all.

His reviews really aren't like that. I've been going through his stuff since Loser started posting it, and it's actually interesting to listen to a shooter fan who doesn't just humbug every new game.

edit: Watching more of his videos, and one thing annoys me in that he's one of those guys that loves shadowboxing over poltical correctness. Most notably he goes out of his way to justify Duke Nukem Forever because something feminism something political correctness.

Well, it seems that COD has not only beat Ghostbusters in the the dislike department by a fair margin, but it also broke 1 million dislikes (82% of votes cast at time of this post).  Sheesh.

Funniest thing is that this new CoD is not THAT bad...

A little outdated video, but CoD trailer was one of most disliked game trailer in Youtube history. lol.

Well, it seems that COD has not only beat Ghostbusters in the the dislike department by a fair margin, but it also broke 1 million dislikes (82% of votes cast at time of this post).  Sheesh.

I think there are a lot of reasons, and quite a bit of it is just outside-fanbase hatred of the series. Add in series stagnation and just how bad the series fucked up gaming for almost a decade. Also, I do think that there's an underestimation of just how un-appealing the "tangible future" sort of sci-fi setting is.

I am insanely cautious about the new Battlefield, but I have to admit that a game preview hasn't caught my attention and speculation this hard since I was a teenager.

You know, everyone's talking about how the COD:IW trailer is getting dislikes because people don't like the sci-fi setting...

I think it's much more likely that people just don't like them using a Bowie cover so soon after his death.

Maybe? The CoD series hasn't outsold Modern Warfare 3 since it was release in 2011, I'm guessing mostly due to stagnation. I feel like it's mostly due to the game being such a massive joke.

It really seems that they're trying to use the setting for sales, and people just aren't receptive, because we probably know it'll be this year's campaign gimmick and it might add a jetpack that can give you a booster for 1.1 seconds before recharging in multiplayer, which I feel has to bottom out at some point. Since Activision are a bunch of thieves and refuse to lower the prices of the series on Steam, I got a cheap pack of them from a hook-up on G2A, and was surprised to see that I could still get multiplayer matches in some of the older games. I think the biggest proble with the series is that it's releasing way too often and the multiplayer is losing its edge. The Goons on SA haven't really fooled themselves, and they all admit to buying the new game each year just to keep up with their normal groups, and it's hard to keep up with that after 7+ years when there are different choices for multiplayer games, especially on PC.

I'm pretty much over AAA shooters now. I'm not sure how they can manage to wring out anymore fun from them. 

A well-polished game can be fun, but publishers need to let developers try things. The New Order was fun as all hell, but I can't think of more than 2 or 3 publishers that would have let the game release as it did.