Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General PC games master race thread. Everything about games. EVERYTHING.

LoooSeR

3 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Skyrim was disappointing but OK (it still sucks dick for a bunch of reasons), but Fallout 3 was a complete trainwreck.

Going from Morrowind to Oblivion was much more of a disappointment than Oblivion to Skyrim, for what it's worth. 

Hell, my favorite game by Bethesda is also their most buggy. 

header.jpg?t=1447351848

Skyrim created a unique, beautiful, interesting world that's fun to get lost in. For what faults they have, Bethesda are at the top of the game when it comes to making game worlds and it's one of the reasons I enjoyed FO3 more than New Vegas.Besides the difficulty complaint I made, I wish Bethesda would hire some decent writers and/or actually put some real effort into voice acting and character interaction. One thing I explicitly remember about Skyrim wash when you wake up during a Thieves' Guild quest and that one Dark Elf woman is talking to you because it's one of the few times I remember someone putting a genuine effort into a voice role in an Elder Scrolls game. I actually don't really like doing quests in those games because the voice acting and cornball writing take me right out of it. I could go on, but Super Bunnyhop addressed a lot of my complaints in this video:

Overall, Skyrim is impressive, but when you start noticing faults, you start noticing how close it can be to make itself leaps and bounds better than it is. I still like the game, but I grow less tolerance for stilted dialogue and lame plots as the years go on. But man, you can't say that the game is any more disappointing than Oblivion.