Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Saudi Arabia is a Backwards, Laughable Shithole Thread

Collimatrix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Saudis now claim that 9/11 was an inside job (by the Americans, not them); http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/9202.htm

The other SA responds;

we should show the saudis firsthand what continuous sequences of explosions ripping through buildings looks like

Trading Vietnam for Saudi Arabia seems like a fair trade.

At least we know they can actually fight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the face of the petro-state: fat, stupid, venal men surrounding themselves with toys and beautiful women. It's the sort of thing that is almost disappointing in how unimaginitive and common it is - the power trip of the bloke down at the pub.

Not only does absolute power corrupt absolutely, it seems to do so in the most boring way possible.

• 1 month later...

I'm ready for the whole lot of them to drop Uranium bombs on each other and make the entire region glow.

There's enough oil in South Dakota, Canada and Alaska to get us by until the radioactive halflife levels get down to acceptable levels in the Middle East oil fields.

So you're saying it's the oil that makes people uniquely tasteless and gauche when they get rich?

Another reason to go nuclear I guess.

Oil seems to encourage a specific type of tastelessness. I think its because the stuff is so fungible, transportable and needs so little infrastructure (relatively) to suck out of the earth.

Nuclear would encourage a different kind of terribleness simply because so much infrastructure and talent is needed to keep a plant fed and running.

Oil seems to encourage a specific type of tastelessness. I think its because the stuff is so fungible, transportable and needs so little infrastructure (relatively) to suck out of the earth.

Nuclear would encourage a different kind of terribleness simply because so much infrastructure and talent is needed to keep a plant fed and running.

Oil is pro tier for Dutch Disease, so yeah, it's perfect for keeping an immature oligarchy perched on top of a backwater shithole living the dreams of people who don't have the education to get into the really fucked up shit..