Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Hilarious Military Fiction Appreciation Zone

LostCosmonaut

It makes perfect sense for a country that has a very small Asian population to try and steal a virus from a superpower that, for some reason would try to develop a virus that targets everyone but Asians despite said country being predominately White, followed by Hispanic and Black because

It's even nuttier than that. The US is supposed to be developing a vaccine for the virus, which was developed by dastardly Asians, and has done so in the form of a plot device kid with magic antibodies or something. The US is also going about this in the time-honoured fashion of using barely-controlled prisoners as guinea pigs for the cure testing.

The South Africans want to steal it to allow them to develop a black-person version, because of course you just flip the 'melanin' switch a bit and away you go. Presumably step 2 is to dial down and eliminate the Indian and Cape Coloured population, before flipping the 'speaks english' knob and getting rid of the souties.

Ive read it twice dude, its a great book, i dont know where you get off calling it fiction. It manages to accurately be a military tech thriller while conveying a human side that many military authors forget to outside of grizzled top secret CIA man 54535362. 

He writes decently good fiction though. I enjoyed Red Army a lot when I first read it. It was one of the only books that really put a human face and character to the Russian army at the time.

Ok, back to hilariously bad fiction.

Does anyone remember the Team Able/Mack Bolan/Phoenix blah blah blah of the late 80s/early mid 90s? I specifically remember them because they had technical data sheets about guns in the back of the books, and each book had a different gun.

He writes decently good fiction though. I enjoyed Red Army a lot when I first read it. It was one of the only books that really put a human face and character to the Russian army at the time.

Nonsense. We had plenty of literature which accurately gave a face to the Russkies!

7f8a3a888141bd89ee375938481dbf4e.jpg

All employees must was hands of communism before returning to work

2439695420_e9a8a6f6c9_b.jpg

BAAAEEEYYYEEERRR NOOOOOooooo!!!!

1c8ab9827af5b2226eeb1d5ae847e7fb.jpg

Also on the subject of hilariously awful Military fiction. Pretty much anything by Patrick Robinson comes right to mind.

Scimitar SL-2 takes the cake though.

Former SAS man turned terrorist plans to blow up the Canary Islands with a nuclear cruise missile.

The best part of Patrick Robinson books are the negative reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Scimitar-SL-2-Patrick-Robinson/product-reviews/0060086653/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Dear God. NOT the Canary Islsnds!

Get our best man on the job!

What? He's busy catching Goldfinger?

Well get our second best!

Tonsilitis?

Well what about our third and fourth best men?

Still on their honeymoon I see...

Tell you what. See who's still down in the mail room this time of night. And have him pick up those deucedly good Brie rolls on the way back from the Canary Island thing.