Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Sturgeon

We apparently don't have a general Star Wars discussion thread. Well, now we do.

To start off, here's the fan theory that Jar Jar Binks was originally intended to be a Sith Lord and collaborator to Palpatine, but that the tremendous negative fan response to his character in TPM caused George to chicken out and nix one of the most ridiculous reveals in movie history... And that Disney will resurrect this for TFA.

First of all:  The list is from reddit, no sane man can blame you from discounting everything it says

B. Disney wouldnt dare fucking reference anything from the prequels, as much as JJ loves his fair share of poetry from the originals (and even other films as referenced by below, sheeit they are so fucking afriad of people not seeing this movie that they even have fucking original TIE/LN's because something like the TIE interecotper was only in episode 6, dispite the fact that it was the direct replacement for the LN)

IstHVSl.jpg

3. Alright, in a better world, this would all be true. As much as i like to laugh at the guy, George Lucas is still a great filmaker and the most legendary poet of our time, I would much rather think that Jar Jar really was supposed to be some grandos final villian, hell, since youve had 15 years of everyone hating him. He would be arugabley the greastest villan in film history. But if you look at his other decisions (prequels, shoving more shit into the originals in special edtions, Ewoks) its pretty fucking easy to take all the evidence and assume that George bunged up these movie's good and wouldnt of had the foresight in a thousand fucking years to make Jar Jar a villain

Making the Trade Federation/Separatists more relatable and not just filler bad guys was a bigger mistake than the Jar Jar shitfest. No one cared when Count Dooku or the Separatists were killed. Darth Maul and General Grievous could have been used as better villains too, but after about 10 minutes of screen-time for both characters they are killed off without doing anything. 

They should have made Dooku be a "good" guy who was misled and doing things for the wrong reasons thus making the fall of the Old Republic be a complex three-way affair. Because the Senate WAS after all being run by a fucking Sith Lord. And getting the Jedi to kill off the last hope of The Republic is what an evil Sith Lord would do.

But fuck no. Instead we get Something, Something Dark Side instead.

Not having Vader in the last movie was also a mistake. In the midst of a Jedi Civil War you have Vader appear and single-handedly destroy the Separatists and their Jedi allies then fight a still-alive Darth Maul for personal revenge and to win his place as 2nd in command to the Emperor.  

Instead we got the birth of Vader by him killing a bunch of 7 year olds and falling into a Volcano. 

Not having Vader in the last movie was also a mistake. In the midst of a Jedi Civil War you have Vader appear and single-handedly destroy the Separatists and their Jedi allies then fight a still-alive Darth Maul for personal revenge and to win his place as 2nd in command to the Emperor.  

Instead we got the birth of Vader by him killing a bunch of 7 year olds and falling into a Volcano. 

Indeed. We were led to believe that we would be getting an entire movie of Darth Vader killing Jedi and enslaving Wookies. 

Does Vader actually kill any legitimate threat in any of the movies? He beats two senior citizens, some kids, and some politicians. Vader in the original trilogy is a menacing force even if he doesn't do all that much. The were the story of Vader and how he didn't do all that much. Now in the new movies Vader is like a deity to the new villain who hopefully does something. 

According to Wookipedia, Jar Jar Binks has killed as many individuals as Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda combined. Seven.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/User:Station7/Character_killcount_list

JarJarHS-SWE.jpg

i like that Jar Jar has one more kill than Boba Fett.  Although I don't understand why that list does not give Luke credit for killing everyone on the deathstar.  

i like that Jar Jar has one more kill than Boba Fett.  Although I don't understand why that list does not give Luke credit for killing everyone on the deathstar.  

This list has a superising lack of EU content, Boba operates hard in the comics

also

JUST

FOLLOWING

ORDERS

lTkY2fr.png

BECAUSE THE DEATH STAR WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!

YOU THINK A SINGLE PROTON TORPEDO FIRED FROM A SINGLE SEAT X-WING FIGHTER CAN BLOW UP A DEATH STAR AND MELT QUANDANIUM STEEL GIRDERS?

http://scienceblogs.com/dotphysics/2010/02/02/power-source-for-a-lightsaber/

Note that this should also include at least some mention of the fact that these things would produce a hella lot of backscatter radiation when in use. Note that the beam is running in a loop, so half your radiation is getting scattered straight back towards the user. Better be careful where you point the hilt...

Jesus Christ you are such nerds. 

I like Jar Jar theory about him being the ultimate dark lord, he is so good that he can defeat his enemies while looking goofy and harmless. It would also be pretty funny and give UNEXPECTED TWIIIIIISSST! for general audience.

RLM also speculated that Luke may be a villain in Ep7.