Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Wargame Thread

LostCosmonaut

• 1 month later...

Was hoping to get some good play in today with the patch update, but didn't seem too have much success.  The community seems a bit divided on the patch as a whole.  I personally like a lot of the changes they made, but there's a lot more ideas that I saw put forth that did not appear in the patch notes.  I expect another small patch soon to fix some things they acknowledged as being intended not making it, but after that I hope we'll still see some more patching.

BMP-3 nerf did catch me by surprise, but I don't think it will have that big of an impact.  Just meant to make people cut back on using them so much I suppose.  Gornos losing most of the BTRs is the only thing that strikes me as being a wrong move.  

I enjoy that they gave out a hefty amount of buffing to tank and vehicle accuracy.  I feel like it should have been looked at a bit more though to avoid inconsistencies and other oddities.  See: M18 having same accuracy as T-72B.  REDFOR still seems to lag behind BLUFOR.

Tomcat move was completely unexpected.

Gorno 90s in BTR-90 was a overpowered combo imo. They have that Metys-M with 26 AP and a powerful autocannon, both good to abuse in the opening move to set up a perimeter. This combo can basically deny all enemy capable forces with good micro. They still have the early BTRs so still wheeled (if I remember corectly).

Tomcat was indeed a surprise, I'll have to look to few games to see how I'll deal with it (no ASF in my Easter Block deck). But it wasn't such a good plane and accuracy of those Phoenix missiles isn't great and will struggle against good ECM. It may have some sort of psychological impact until everybody figures how it works. 

BMP-3 nerf is good, that unit was abused and in the end the primary role is that one of an IFV not a light tank, that guided AT ammo should be for defense not offense. 

Generally the accuracy of older red tanks is okay, they can actually hit something now. 

MG3 nerf for line infantry put Jagers and Gevs in the line with other similar units 

SBS finally useful

I am curious to see now how K-50 / Mi-28 works but I suspect it isn't much of a change as last evening one petty NM135 killed a KA 

• 3 months later...

South Africa can be added, and so that we can simulate the Bush Wars we can add an opposing faction with low morale, poor organization, bad training, inefficient planning, mediocre equipment, wretched logistics, and reliant on their sponsors for any successes, which will represent an excellent opportunity to add in Italy. 

Hahaha, apparently the Dutch get an MGM-52. Guessing Pact will get a fucking FROG-7 next patch.

Nah, they'll pull some bullshit like "NATO get the Patriot, but as for PACT and getting something comparable like an S-300, well, you can all go fuck yourselves and adding that would unbalance the game because......."

"Also, we're not biased towards NATO or against PACT (lololololol), and we'll ban anyone who calls us out for making blatantly biased statements against them!"

(Yes, I once got a 3 day rage ban from Madmat when he said something along the lines of "Redfor complains so much more" and then wondered how that may have come off as a biased statement and I called him on it. Great dev team.)

Yeah, the Lance was the one thing that kind of got me about the Dutch (although I was surprised by the Leo 2a5 as well).  People dislike the ATACMS and Smerch enough as is that adding another 'super weapon' should have been an obvious no-no.  Its not like they're in a bad spot with support either, as they actually have all types of tube arty in their possession.  They're certainly better off than a lot of other minors and even mid-level nations.

If anything, I see the Lance being more appropriate in the US armory, with the MLRS loosing the ATACMS and getting a normal load (HE or clusters, likely latter due to Smerch).  The Russians would then get the Tochka to balance out.

• 1 month later...