Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Android Phones

So my Galaxy S II which I got used a couple of years back is about to give up and die.

I'm looking for input on what the best value for $ is.  Was wondering if anyone around SH had any strong opinions on which handsets are the best value for money. Will probably end up spending $2-300 at the end of  the month.

So my Galaxy S II which I got used a couple of years back is about to give up and die.

I'm looking for input on what the best value for $ is.  Was wondering if anyone around SH had any strong opinions on which handsets are the best value for money. Will probably end up spending $2-300 at the end of  the month.

The LG G4 is damn sexy, actually lets you replace battery/SD card and has leather

Hell, i got a defective one and i got a replacement, its a damn nice phone 

• 10 months later...

So we're back to this thread again.

Due to assorted circumstances, the buy didn't happen.  On the up side, the budget has gone up a bit.  I should have around $300 to use.

Looking at S5, Note 4, Huawei P8 Lite right now.  Will see what pops up on Black Friday locally.

Economics ended up prevailing.  I ended up getting a ZTE Axon.

Limited usage so far, but I'm liking it a shitton more than my crappy old phone.  Unfortunately, I had to get a new SIM card, as my old phone was so old it had and original SIM, as opposed to a MicroSIM or NanoSIM.  This phone has a NanoSIM which is fucking tiny and hard to put in place with my fingers.

• 2 months later...