Sturgeon's House

Boris Kavalerchik is a mechanical engineer from the USSR who served as an officer in the Soviet armed forces reserve before emigrating to the United States.

Sounds like a decent chap

On 01/04/2018 at 7:33 AM, Walter_Sobchak said:

From a brief overview of his books they seem a bit sensationalist and more analytical than technical (even though he is an engineer), but he also opposes Suvorov/Rezun, so that's something. I can't find what book this is supposed to be translated from, it might be an adaptation of "June 1941: a pre-programmed defeat". 

I picked up Sabot Publications books on the M60A2, both volume 1 and volume 2.

The books are mostly aimed at modelers and consist mainly of exterior shots of the tanks on exercise in Germany.  However, there are also some interior shots, and a bit of technical discussion of the vehicles.  The authors are also quite emphatic from interviews with former crew that, while the tank was in service, nobody called it a "starship!"

6 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

Per the Sabot Publications book, the M60A2 was called "A2" or "A Deuce."  One crewmember recalls calling them "stump" while M60A1s were "needledicks."

They should have called it the Elephantiasis!

The local university had a book sale, so I basically swept up everything with as much as the word "tank" in it off the military history table.

47vLueo.png

But wait, there's more. Zoom, enhance!

nemFr1a.png

These books bound in red cloth are each worth as much as the rest of that stack combined. 

qjUtjKt.png

They're official histories of the Canadian army, published only a few years after the war with the backing of the Department of National Defense. As a result they have amazing photographs and maps actually drawn by military cartographers.

0sWSwlx.png

And the best part is that since they've been printed 70 years ago, so they're all out of copyright :D