Sturgeon's House
LoooSeR

Communist tracked boxes with pancake turrets: don't you dare to confuse GLORIOUS T-80 battle tank with Kharkovite T-64 tractor that doesn't work.

On 18.02.2017 at 9:09 PM, Scolopax said:

Been a while, but any thoughts or plans on the T-64 and T-72 sections here still?

Syrian thread and spamming other more popular threads eat all my free time dedicated to interwebz. Hmm. Maybe i will do it differently - instead of making a 1 big post just make small articles in that post covering one tank model and build a 1 big post from them? 

25 minutes ago, Akula_941 said:

T-80UA(some said UK) equipped an interesting air-burst tank shell

any info Looser?

D88PnTr.png

It is written here - Ainet system. AFAIK T-90s also has them (don't remember which version, though).

@UP

K - commander tank, and T-80UA

The most funny is that Ainet system was introduced to service while on west where not serial analoge -including Kalanit on Merkavas.

Nie miejiut anlogow w miru ;)

From UKBTM article - 

Эффективно решают задачу стрельбы с настильной траекторией снаряды с дистанци­онным подрывом. Для пушек типа Д-81 такие снаряды разработаны в рамках ОКР «Айнет».

Разработанные снаряды превосходят снаряды 3ОФ26 по зоне поражения открыто расположенной живой силы, соответственно, в 4–13 раз!

Эффективность выстрелов с дистанционным подрывом на в 5−7 раз выше, чем у се­рийных осколочно-фугасных снарядов 3ОФ26.

Все Т-90 и Т-90А оснащены комплексом «Айнет», позволяющим работать указанными выстрелами.

http://btvt.info/3attackdefensemobility/uvz.htm

They say it's up to 4-13 more effective vs troops

From Oplot manual - more mmodest nimbers 

Выстрелы с осколочно-фугасным снарядом типа "Р" и "С" по устройству аналогичны штатному выстрелу с осколочно-фугасным снарядом, но эффективная зона поражения выше чем штатных ОФС снарядов при стрельбе:

снарядом типа "Р" по открыто расположенной живой силе и легкобронированной технике в два раза;

снарядом типа "С" по открыто расположенной живой силе в четыре раза.

That's so cool!  I pretty much have to build it now.....Cheers guys!  :D

PS - Reckon I might buy another one now, they cost the same as the other T-72B kits but come with extra ERA modules (you have to stack 'em yourself).....You can never have too many ERA modules!  :P

12 hours ago, Met749 said:

Tests with many K-1 layers shows low efficiency, so it was a bad experiment

But it looks cool, and aesthetics are what counts on the modern battlefield :D