Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

On the topic of TUH-MOHRS

Vanagandr

I learned not long ago that the particular tumor I have has a tendency to cause one to sweat regardless of the biological necessity to sweat. Result being that I need to drink an incredible amount of water, pee inordinately often, and have obnoxious complications from drinking alcohol. I suppose there may not be many unexpected side-effects of having tumors, but here might possibly be the place to discuss them.

• 6 months later...

My first job was at a start-up biotech company who's patents included an Anti-IL-1 alpha Antibody. 

I was in charge of the production of genetic sequences that would be placed into plasmids, incorporated into E.Coli, and then grew up to be harvested and transfected into eukaryotic production cell lines that would in turn produce the appropriately folded massive protein that is the anti IL-X class of biomolecules. The X here represents any number (IL-1, IL-2, IL-5a, etc). 

Through this work I did a ton of research into tumor biology and metabolism. Our main product would inhibit the use of the inflammation pathway by tumor cells. This stopped the angiogenesis of capillary beds by the tumor mass and impeded its growth. Since cancerous cells are, by definition, entirely unstable, the loss of angiogenesis stopped the growth and led to the eventual metabolic demise of the out of control mass of cells. 

This was done in time for the host's body to maintain its own metabolism, unimpeded by the massive growth of the tumor. Our initial trials were glowing, with an extremely high number of cancer patients turning the tide of battle against their own tumors. 

My first job was at a start-up biotech company who's patents included an Anti-IL-1 alpha Antibody.

I was in charge of the production of genetic sequences that would be placed into plasmids, incorporated into E.Coli, and then grew up to be harvested and transfected into eukaryotic production cell lines that would in turn produce the appropriately folded massive protein that is the anti IL-X class of biomolecules. The X here represents any number (IL-1, IL-2, IL-5a, etc).

Through this work I did a ton of research into tumor biology and metabolism. Our main product would inhibit the use of the inflammation pathway by tumor cells. This stopped the angiogenesis of capillary beds by the tumor mass and impeded its growth. Since cancerous cells are, by definition, entirely unstable, the loss of angiogenesis stopped the growth and led to the eventual metabolic demise of the out of control mass of cells.

This was done in time for the host's body to maintain its own metabolism, unimpeded by the massive growth of the tumor. Our initial trials were glowing, with an extremely high number of cancer patients turning the tide of battle against their own tumors.

How did the later trial phases go?

How did the later trial phases go? 

We were on a fast-track phase 3 when the FDA fucked up and allowed a few shitty drugs through on that program and it ended up killing some pregnant chicks. 

So the FDA rescinded the fast track option for no reason after we had a contract, so we were stuck on phase 2. But phase 2 and early phase 3 was really positive. Our initial phase had stage 4 patients that were either cured or had their lives helped so greatly that we were shoved into a phase 2 early on and were perfect candidate for a fast track.

We were on a fast-track phase 3 when the FDA fucked up and allowed a few shitty drugs through on that program and it ended up killing some pregnant chicks.

So the FDA rescinded the fast track option for no reason after we had a contract, so we were stuck on phase 2. But phase 2 and early phase 3 was really positive. Our initial phase had stage 4 patients that were either cured or had their lives helped so greatly that we were shoved into a phase 2 early on and were perfect candidate for a fast track.

I can only hope that phase 3 goes well then.

With the people at the helm of the business? I sincerely doubt it. It blows. They should have sold out to one of the big pharma companies when they had the chance. 

That sucks.

I guess the only upside would then be if they screwed up enough to allow their IP to fall into the public domain.