Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Panem et Circenses Thread

Kneeling during the national anthem on 9/11 seems like a dumb move on the part of the Seahawks

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/seattle-seahawks-national-anthem-protest_us_57d1b856e4b00642712c6b12

A lot of this is up in the air at the moment with speculation whether any sort of political act being made before the anthem which now seems to be the case. (Listening to local sports radio)

Seeing as how the NFL has successfully monetized the national anthem ceremony with sponsors and - in many cases - military fly byes, I'm surprised this nonsense has been allowed to go as long as it has.

My guess is that come the regular season, every employee on all the NFL teams will be told to get their shit together.

I don't even disagree with you.  The Jays bats have gone stone fuckin' cold. Joey Bats is driving down his contract #s so quickly the Jays might be able to resign him. :P

We stubbed our toes against the Astros that last series but the M's have been hot in September. I'm just not sure it will be enough to leapfrog all the teams ahead of Seattle in the American League Wild Card race.

We stubbed our toes against the Astros that last series but the M's have been hot in September. I'm just not sure it will be enough to leapfrog all the teams ahead of Seattle in the American League Wild Card race.

Well, Estrada actually has a bit of run support, so we shall see how they do. 

And when the hell did Michael Saunders become worth a damn?!?

That idjit did nothing but under achieve for half a decade here.

He's been a solid pickup... after a year on the DL

Anyhow, on to sports that matter to the Canadian Psyche...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/world-cup-of-hockey/matt-duchene-scores-pair-team-canada-tops-team-usa/

Suck it yanks. :P

Ok, listening on the radio, when Edwin tagged that, this almost sounds like a home game. Y'all need to get more people out to your games.

Two-to-one Blue Jays fans in the crowd. About 20,000 out of 30,000 judging by all the maple leaf embossed flags and Toronto blue jerseys.