Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Panem et Circenses Thread

Happy Birthday to Joey Bats. You want to cement your legacy in Toronto? It's time to shut your mouth and let the bat speak one way or another. If you give us another bat flip moment, we'll be forgiving. If we win the World Series, and it is in significant part to you hitting, some of us will be calling for you to be signed again. Put up, shut up and get it done. It's time for you to lead the way, and take some of the weight off the shoulders of Josh Donaldson. Otherwise, thank you for your time here, thanks for the great moments, and we wish you the best. (FB crosspoast)

Elaboration for here.  I love Bautista. Most of the time, I even like his ego.  He argues with the umpires, and is usually right.  Still and asshole, but with me being right matters.  He has an amazing knowledge of the strike zone and is often more accurate than the umpires.  But it's not good form to argue with officials, and that doesn't make people like you.

Here's the thing tho.  It's a contract year. He wants big money.  He has not been playing like an A-list player who deserves millions. So he needs to shut his mouth, concentrate on the game and not his ego, and hit the damned ball.  If he does that well enough, then I'll be one of the people calling for the Jays to resign him.  If not?  Welp, bye!.  Won't be overly sad to see you go.

Flight times would still be a problem with a Guadalajara team, Monterrey is probably the best bet for a Mexican team with it's wealth, size, location, and geographic conditions.

edit: MLB has already admitted the 31st team will be in Montreal, I've also seen Vancouver thrown about for team 32.

Yeah, and the Brewers headed to the World Series once. Meanwhile the M's got cucked by Randy "Big Unit" Johnson and Alex Rodriguez and then somehow still managed to get the best season in AL history and yet blow it in the ALCS to a team that went on to lose against Randy Johnson three times. It's really not Selig's fault on that one.