Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Ob. 699 has turned up!

Udj2N.jpg

(found on tanknet)

I wanted to post it, but i was in bed when this photo surfaced otvaga forums and Gurkhan blog.

Note how close 3D render was to actual vehicle. On that photo BMP is driving without sideskirts. I don't understand why they try to hide turret- it was filmed pretty well months ago. In fact, people already found a patent for turret-mounted air intake for engine in hull, that is used with BMP's new turret.

BUMERANG-BM_140130_07.jpg

vhme993.jpg

148712_600.jpg

EPOHA_01.jpg

That artist impression looks almost like something the Israelis would build.

Yeah, i posted that in T110 thread day before:

"lol, somebody likes how Merkava 3 Bet Baz dor Dalet looks. "

On a subject of leaks:

https://www.google.ru/maps/place/%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE,+%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F+%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BB./@55.5388955,36.9662454,223m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x46caa89465ee6f95:0xd67333ab8d1ca003

That guy with a tennis court and pond have very interesting veiw from his house on Alabino prooving ground (west from his house). #CIAsalaries #taxpayersmoney #frenchwinesallday #Armataphotosfrommykichen 

QWc1_VW6II0.jpg

cFwcOgw.jpg

I hate Maskirovka sometimes.  :D

So i heard that T-14's rollers are 700 mm in diameter...

IdB4Lxs.jpg

Of course, if 700 mm rollers are actually 700 mm in diameter (T-80's rollers were IIRC 670 mm). And i feel that something is wrong with my measurements, maybe because of camera. Clearance is about 400-450 mm. Frontal part of hull height is around 1100 mm, but it could be actually bigger. 

Another measurements, from BMPD LJ comments, which is much better than my attempts.

68230_original.png(in sm). 

DM3CJ.jpg

Frontal hull:

4f3bb6abfdd4.jpg

Possibly it is not equipped with ERA at this photo for safety/transportation reasons.

Stolen from Otvaga forum:

5isFz.jpg

Commander and driver are visible. Commander is on right side of tank, driver is in the center, and slightly "ahead" of commander. And size of that hatch (thickness)... i feel that they considered measures against top-attack weapons.

Possible layout of crew compartment: (Wrong)

zrPAj.png

8RNsP.png

Driver ("MB") is in the front center, commander (KT) on the right, gunner (HO) is on the left, while autoloader ("BO/A3") is behind driver/slightly between gunner and commander. 

armata.1427208391.png

Or like that.

First and second rollers have 2 different shock absorbers - "2" is telescopic shock absorber [metal detail to prevent overtraveling of the roller support arm], while "1" is rotary shock absorber, and all that system is similar to Merkava 4 shock absorbers:

3OKQY.jpg

Merkava 4:

105069-1-f.jpg

220px-Merkava_spring.jpg

merkava_3.jpg

Turret, another angle:

142718393665251891.jpg

If that was like the merkava you'd have a very short spring - it seems to hide entirely behind the road wheel. IMO thing #1 is a damper, and #2 is a bump stop in an odd place (acting on the swingarm connected to the damper, which probably made sense when they designed the thing)

If that was like the merkava you'd have a very short spring - it seems to hide entirely behind the road wheel. IMO thing #1 is a damper, and #2 is a bump stop in an odd place (acting on the swingarm connected to the damper, which probably made sense when they designed the thing)

Well, one guy on otvaga forum, that known more about Armata suspension than average human should IMO, noted several things about T-14's chassis. He said that it use rotary shock absorbers amongst other things. In fact, here is some of his posts (sorry for some mistakes, he use some professional jargon):

"Supporting surface is increased. Therefore there was no need to "broaden" tracks. Longer length provides better passableness. However, it increases resistance to rotation. 

In general, suspension is well optimized. Perfect geometry, correct rollers diameter. Note the lack of sagging in not loaded areas of tracks [he talk about tracks near/between support rollers]. Suspension is not active, but it is controllable, it is controlled by rotary shock absorbers. And because of this support arm is thick. "Telescopes" [telescopic shock absorber] - they are hydro stops that create a very progressive force when [terrain] is applying to much force ["trying to break trough"]. 

Exhaust goes to the sides, where it is mixed with air [exhaust gases are going trough side armor module, where it is mixed with air]. Reduce thermal signature. It is [located] above vital units, so penetration does not resulting in damage to vital parts. Exhaust to the rear would impair state of health of infantry, which is moving behind the tank [during operations]. Layout [with side-mounted exhaust] is easier. Rear plate - without holes, provides the necessary rigidity for engine deck. 

Engine is X12 diesel, steering gear and transmission are mechanical. Specified turning radius and shifting is controlled by an automatic movement system, as well as suspension. All fuel is under armor. Hatches have double armor plates [sort of spaced armor], as well as all the desired zone on the top [of hull]. Generally, there are no traditional weakspots))).

Thick side armor covers, amongst other things, autoloader and ammunition. All ammunition is automated (in autoloader).

Each person has his own hatch. There is no need to climd to other [crew working stations], because there is a duplication of control. Hatches are opened in such way, that in any position of the turret soldiers could leave the vehicle.

About the participation of rollers in protection of the sides - it is far-fetched. The probability of hitting this zone is small. If there is a hit, it is usually a small caliber weapon. Protection of the sides - new modular screens/skirts and thick, non-homogeneous side armor [of the hull]."

Although this guy don't know anything about turret design. Well, at least it is what he said for now. And that all can be just joke or something else. 

Anyway - this vehicle is clearly was copied from Western designs - it doesn't have a SUPERIOR SOVIET LOG!

"Supporting surface is increased. Therefore there was no need to "broaden" tracks. Longer length provides better passableness. However, it increases resistance to rotation.

This has been bugging me - if it's true, then it seems reasonable to assume the ground pressure is no greater than that of T-90. And since the tracks are the same width, then we can set an upper limit on the weight using only the relative increase in track length. With this image on my screen the T-72 track on the ground is 11cm long, and the T-14 track is 13cm long, so the vehicle has a maximum weight of about 18% more than T-90 - or about 55 tonnes, going by the T-90S weight from uralvagonzavod. So about the same as a Mk5 chieftain.

txCiP.jpg

I feel that Spotters are sitting on all trees around Alabino.

They even infiltrated Alabino itself!

kEDsI0zRmF8.jpg

T-34-85, lol.

Ok, look at Kurganets-25 IFV - there is something mounted on the edge of UFP. I think those are camera systems for driver, because he is located in such place, that engine obscure driver "close" vision - he don't see 5-7 meters in front of the vehicle.

4bmzeds.jpg

There is a photo of the BMP-3 with some kind of device, similar to what Kurganets-25 have, although rumors say that this device on BMP-3 is part of "Veer" active protection system.

w_31372540.jpg

2993535_5cbe1d286564a521cfaeed73329d135e

Yeah, those 3 things looks like some kind of active protection system. Allegedly.

Side armor plates are installed, they look like Relikt ERA blocks from armor package for BMP-3. Compare tracks width of the Kurganets and BMD to the right from it. IIRC they have comparable length of tracks, so Kurganets is noticeably heavier. Frontal hull is also equipped with some sort of add-on armor plates, 1 big and 2 smaller blocks at lower part of hull.

Xlu, on 26 Mar 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

This has been bugging me - if it's true, then it seems reasonable to assume the ground pressure is no greater than that of T-90. And since the tracks are the same width, then we can set an upper limit on the weight using only the relative increase in track length. With this image on my screen the T-72 track on the ground is 11cm long, and the T-14 track is 13cm long, so the vehicle has a maximum weight of about 18% more than T-90 - or about 55 tonnes, going by the T-90S weight from uralvagonzavod. So about the same as a Mk5 chieftain.

That image is not right. It shows T-72, and it assume that T-72's rollers have same size as T-14s, which is unlikely.

d2608f454424.jpg

T-80BV and T-14 size comparison.

Russians are masters of maskirovka!

I suspect there should be room for a dismount or two in T-15, due to the layout - it's ideal for a rear hatch. The spaced armour on the front reminds me of ERA mounts on russian turrets, and the angle of the lamppost reminds me of russian dashcam videos :D

Leaks... they don't stop coming! Today Object 195 photo was leaked.

pne1XKS.jpg

So now you know why somebody was thinking that the T-14 can have 30 mm autocannon as co-axial weapon?  :)

T-15 heavy IFV uses Armata chassis, only backwards (engine is in the front) with strange looking frontal armor. Side skirts are removed.

And it is a f cking land battleship.

ADUy1PL.png

pft0iIc.png

y6dM05w.png

Note that T-15 is equipped with same unmanned turret as Kurganets-25. single 30 mm 2A42 autocannon, 4 Kornets, 7.62 GPMG. Later, it could be upgraded with 57 mm autocannon, 57 mm LShO assault heavy grenade launcher, or 40 mm autocannon.

Turret:

Screenshot_3.jpg

Note 57 mm LShO heavy grenade launcher on lower part of this photo.

%25D1%258D%25D0%25BF%25D0%25BE%25D1%2585

This turret have 500 rounds inside for 30 mm 2A42 autocannon, 4 Kornet ATGM with max range up to 8-10 km, 

There is some information about FCS:

- Can search camouflaged targets with "optical locator";
- Can engage 2 targets simultaneously;
- High-performance shooting against air targets using automatical target tracking at elevation up to 70 degrees;
- Combat operation in remote control;
- Can engage targets using external target designation;

iT2NZNK.jpg
Stages of development of this unmanned turret. 
1. Berezhok (turret for upgraded BMP-2s)
2. Kurganets (current turret)
3. Epokha (future system).