Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Documents/information needed! Westinghouse aerospace / thiokol chemical corporation "swizzlestick" rocket

Swizzlestick link

Basically guys I'm looking for anything and EVERYTHING related to this project or follow on efforts that may have come out of this!

Patents, test documentation, technical data, brochures, and etc are all welcomed and desired. At one point I had found one other document about another project based on the same development that I think had a DTIC ADA PDF file name but found on some random site.

Unfortunately the PDF didn't save for some reason, the bookmark didn't stay, and I can't find anything even going through Chrome's history!

The rocket in question was 1 inch in diameter, 4 feet long, and weighed about 2 pounds. 

It was solid fueled, projected to cost about the same as 30mm hispano suiza ammo, and projected to have like a 1.5 mile range.

What makes it special and interesting to me however is that it was hitting 9000 fps in 2000 feet!

For a variety of reasons I believe that something based off of this research but using modern manufacturing technology and etc could net some interesting and useful things.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:26 AM, roguetechie said:

Swizzlestick link

Basically guys I'm looking for anything and EVERYTHING related to this project or follow on efforts that may have come out of this!

Patents, test documentation, technical data, brochures, and etc are all welcomed and desired. At one point I had found one other document about another project based on the same development that I think had a DTIC ADA PDF file name but found on some random site.

Unfortunately the PDF didn't save for some reason, the bookmark didn't stay, and I can't find anything even going through Chrome's history!

The rocket in question was 1 inch in diameter, 4 feet long, and weighed about 2 pounds. 

It was solid fueled, projected to cost about the same as 30mm hispano suiza ammo, and projected to have like a 1.5 mile range.

What makes it special and interesting to me however is that it was hitting 9000 fps in 2000 feet!

For a variety of reasons I believe that something based off of this research but using modern manufacturing technology and etc could net some interesting and useful things.

Do you have any information on when this thing was developed?

I can search for patents, but with something like 3000 results coming up it would be nice to have a time period in which to restrict things.