Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

• 2 weeks later...

Type 92 with CS/AA5 combat module with new 40 mm automatic cannon

4ocIJkC.jpg

In the announcement of the May issue of the magazine "Modern Armament", popular in the PRC, a photograph of a Type 92 armored personnel carrier, manufactured by Norinco Corporation with a CS/AA5 combat module with a new 40-mm automatic gun using telescopic ammunition, was published.

NORINCO’s latest 40mm cannon has an adjustable rate of fire in the range of 100 to 200 rounds / min. NORINCO introduced two types of 40-mm telescopic shots: high-explosive fragmentation CS / BTE3 (initial velocity 1000 m / s) and armor-piercing subcaliber CS / BAA3 (initial velocity 1450 m / s). For the latter, armor piercing of 130 mm of vertical homogeneous steel armor from a distance of 1000 m is declared.

16 hours ago, Wiedzmin said:

Type 69-IIG Manuals

This would be immensely useful for Mastermilo (the dutch guy who restores a Type-69 tank)... 

(if someone is interested in this particular type of tank, his channel is massively useful. He took it apart almost to the last bolt. Hull restoration is nearly complete. https://www.youtube.com/user/mastermilo82/videos)

13 minutes ago, heretic88 said:

This would be immensely useful for Mastermilo (the dutch guy who restores a Type-69 tank)... 

(if someone is interested in this particular type of tank, his channel is massively useful. He took it apart almost to the last bolt. Hull restoration is nearly complete. https://www.youtube.com/user/mastermilo82/videos)

i think to many difference with his 69

for example here is usual T-54/55 shock absorber(0:49), the one in manual and on Type 96 is friction type(i do not understand the whole point of the replacement) absorber which chinese get from germans as far as i understand , engine could have some differences etc

Hx7DxIVHofo.jpg

4B_3LYEABpQ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

An article on the "Chinese Armata" has surfaced. Most important design characteristics: unmanned turret and 2 man crew. Judging by the drawings, it may suggest less emphasis on armor compared to T-14, even on the front of the crew compartment. The shape of the crew compartment is very reminiscing of the front hull of the Abrams, but in this case the UFP actually has a composite layer. As for the turret it looks very much like a clusterf*ck in my opinion, lots of sights and very uncommon placement for other turret equipment.  The main gun seems like a 125 or  even a 105mm, if its supposed to to be a traditional one or something border sci-fi like electrothermal-chemical is still unknown.

I still don't know what to think about this thing, i'm still digesting it. But judging from the overall characteristics it suggest a tank lighter than T-14, perhaps in the 40 ton class, which makes sense so that its less restricted in terms of operation depending on the terrain, unlike heavier tanks such as Type 99A.

https://club.6parkbbs.com/military/index.php?app=forum&act=threadview&tid=15471684

2218ace459d54ef5b072e5c8dceb7a9d

3b64e13d90f848b79acfa92d5c3b39f6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 4:30 AM, alanch90 said:

An article on the "Chinese Armata" has surfaced. Most important design characteristics: unmanned turret and 2 man crew. Judging by the drawings, it may suggest less emphasis on armor compared to T-14, even on the front of the crew compartment. The shape of the crew compartment is very reminiscing of the front hull of the Abrams, but in this case the UFP actually has a composite layer. As for the turret it looks very much like a clusterf*ck in my opinion, lots of sights and very uncommon placement for other turret equipment.  The main gun seems like a 125 or  even a 105mm, if its supposed to to be a traditional one or something border sci-fi like electrothermal-chemical is still unknown.

I still don't know what to think about this thing, i'm still digesting it. But judging from the overall characteristics it suggest a tank lighter than T-14, perhaps in the 40 ton class, which makes sense so that its less restricted in terms of operation depending on the terrain, unlike heavier tanks such as Type 99A.

https://club.6parkbbs.com/military/index.php?app=forum&act=threadview&tid=15471684

2218ace459d54ef5b072e5c8dceb7a9d

3b64e13d90f848b79acfa92d5c3b39f6

When you are limited by power pack like the Russians best stick to sub 50 ton tank that can use the existing drivetrains , and time will come when 2 man crew is just as effective as  3 man crew

29 minutes ago, mr.T said:

When you are limited by power pack like the Russians best stick to sub 50 ton tank that can use the existing drivetrains , and time will come when 2 man crew is just as effective as  3 man crew

the chinese have been building 1500hp engines for many years now.

• 2 weeks later...