Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

So why then turret is covered? They don't want to clean it too often?  :)

Would you?

Cleaning and vehicle maintenance is probably on the top of the list of least favorite tasks of any soldier I'd imagine. =p

Do you know how the engines of the Type-99A and Type-99B (we call it the 99A2 in the west) differ per chance? I've been told that they don't use the same engine but never been told exactly how they're different.

What type of SAMs are mounted on this?

They're not AA Missiles, they're NLOS styled missiles fitted with ATGM warheads based on a scaled down CM-501G.

Designation AFT-10, pretty sure they have a General Purpose warhead option aswell.

17084733781_33eef5c5f9_o.jpg

Note the side thrust nozzles, this allows it to turn and completely change direction very, very fast in flight, even do a 180 degree turn behind it or curve over hills and into valleys and such. Like I said, NLOS is a really cool thing.

S0D20121213151724MT207146.jpg

115254hvgi5veajoxie1hi.jpg

Does it use a cable? Is it on the photo. Maybe that's why there is no radio antenna, like on Pereh.

Side thrust nozzles are nothing new, actually. Ataka missiles use them, and basically any Soviet/Russian laser-beam riding ATGM, too.

It has multiple guidance methods, in that case yes it's using fiber optic wire guidance, however it can also be guided via MMW Radar, ImIR, or UV.

Pretty sure it has a loitering attack mode hence the multiple options.