Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

28 minutes ago, U-47 said:

I asked my friend about the chassis which looks like T-72/WZ123, the plant's source says it is a WZ123's prototype, and it has been restored for other test purpose in the recent time.

Also by plant source, the T-72 in the background is a T-72M (not T-72M1), and he send me a close photo of it (and some photo of other tanks here), but I'm sorry, I am forbidden to share these photos.

617厂内的大佬吗?

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

617厂内的大佬吗?

炮霸,虽然其实他不是该厂的,但是在这个实验场拍了些照片,不过禁止外传(类似的还有些实验装备)。所以实际上我能发的也只有网上已经公开的照片(大多来源于杜老,我想你也了解)。

Though, I found these fresh photos of T-72 Ural scrapped in China. Someone have uploaded them into public networks. (Also,there is someone said that there are still available T-72M and T-72B collected in Plant 617, but have no more photo infos can prove that we have the second T-72. BTW, The T-80U might be located in Beijing Tank museum but do not show to public )12115_900.jpg12413_900.jpg11674_900.jpg11846_900.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, tomtom said:

435371769d68.jpg

e4347c082ee7.jpg

Upper photo what is this thing? Weird shotgun with bipod/small grande launcher/electronic warfare thing/flame thrower/training device? 
Bottom how is that granade launcher called?

we have dedicated thread for small arms for this type of questions.

Sorry to be just asking questions but does the installation of a 105mm gun increase the gun depression of a Type 59 compared to its 100mm gun variant, i would think that a increase of 1 or 2 degrees could be realistic, but as i have no information on this´i cannot be sure.

25 minutes ago, Toimisto said:

Sorry to be just asking questions but does the installation of a 105mm gun increase the gun depression of a Type 59 compared to its 100mm gun variant, i would think that a increase of 1 or 2 degrees could be realistic, but as i have no information on this´i cannot be sure.

The depression of both Type 59 (100mm gun)and  59-2(105mm) is  -5°. 

Here is a data sheet:

12593_900.png

17 minutes ago, Toimisto said:

That is a very interesting question.  The L7 should have a slightly more compact breech than the D10 because the cartridge case is somewhat shorter (695mm vs 627mm).  However, because the ammunition for the L7 and D10 have a nearly identical case rim diameter (147mm for both), many of the conversions were a simple barrel swap, which did not change out the gun breech at all.  I'm not sure how the PLA did their's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...