Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Scolopax said:

Putting twin rotatory guns on a military police vehicle is an interesting design choice and probably makes for great crowd control. 

Keep in mind these are dedicated military police branches despite the fact their uniforms have the PAP insignia all the same. (There's a shit ton of different divisions of the PAP all designated to do different things), so they'd mostly be responding to terrorist incidents or any possible mutinies in the military as opposed to civil policing.

Also the mount is designed to elevate high enough to be an AA mount, why exactly I don't know. (Drones maybe.)

I'm also trying to figure out if those are 7.62x54mmR Gatlings or 12.7x108mm ones as none of the models I know of have some of the design features seen on the car mounted versions, and they're too small to be the 14.5x114mm version that was made. (The 12.7mm on the other hand is legitimately compact enough to be confused for a "standard rifle" caliber Gatling.)

The high elevation I imagine is to address fighting in urban areas, allowing guns to be brought upon targets in high buildings if needed.  The guns look as though they are 12.7mm.  There is a single-barreled 12.7mm (W85?) between them that I did not really identify earlier, so that kind of gives some good scale to them.  More dakka gogogo.