Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Vehicles of the PLA: Now with refreshing new topic title!

Khand-e

10 minutes ago, alanch90 said:

When you check the interior layout you realize that superstructure is necesary for the crew working space (lots of big screens and stuff to manage all the drones and smart weapons). Still, it weakens the already low protection of the vehicle.

Oh, I know *a superstructure* is required for the crew working space, but that poorly thought out thin steel box with basically no sloping (which results in the step) is a sad excuse for the design. At the very least, they could have fitted large composite blocks on the front of the step to at least attempt to provide protection.

2 minutes ago, TokyoMorose said:

Oh, I know *a superstructure* is required for the crew working space, but that poorly thought out thin steel box with basically no sloping (which results in the step) is a sad excuse for the design. At the very least, they could have fitted large composite blocks on the front of the step to at least attempt to provide protection.

Fully agree, for starters it is based on a tank with no composite armor so protection could not be relevant anyway. However now knowing the background of the company it is clear to me that this vehicle is just a statement to get into the spotlight and get the public talking about them, and in that evidently they succeded.  Because its not like the PLA is preparing for a "Grozni scenario".

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Belesarius said:

Seriously? Low effort posting much?  Wanna be a bit more specific with your question, with actual sentence structure so we know what the fuck you are talking about.

My mistake. I forget to write frontal.

2 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

What are you even asking?  All modern tanks have limited protection on the sides compared to the front.  It's a simple function of geometry and weight.

I mean frontal, yes, but even frontal arc, Chinese design seems unsuited! Armor array is designed in such a way that either the interior is awful or the weakness is exposed in the frontal 60* arc.

I realize Russian design is only frontal 60*, NATO include the sides, but China does not. Frontal array is thick but does not cover wider aspect. Like Russian/Soviet & NATO.

54 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

Let’s try to be a little nicer and/or forgiving.

But if peasant could make the question clearer, that would be welcome. 

Thanks for kindness

• 3 weeks later...