Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

OMG, if America had only banned guns and not elected an Islamaphobe like Donald Trump, none of this would have happened.

5 reported dead in shooting at mosque in Quebec

Oh...

Nevermind. Carry on.

And yeah it sucks and we'll know more after 24 to 48 hours about what actually happened.

OMG, if America had only banned guns and not elected an Islamaphobe like Donald Trump, none of this would have happened.

5 reported dead in shooting at mosque in Quebec

Oh...

Nevermind. Carry on.

And yeah it sucks and we'll know more after 24 to 48 hours about what actually happened.

DERP.

It seems a lot of Canadian news outlets have been quoting this La Presse newspaper.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/201701/29/01-5064348-attentat-terroriste-dans-une-mosquee-a-quebec-six-morts.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_les-plus-populaires-actualites_section_ECRAN1POS1

Again, all early news reporting should be regarded as wrong or mistaken until proven otherwise. But one witness describes two men with "strong Quebequois' accents and that an "AK-47" was used. They also were shouting "Allahu Akbar".

It seems a lot of Canadian news outlets have been quoting this La Presse newspaper.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/201701/29/01-5064348-attentat-terroriste-dans-une-mosquee-a-quebec-six-morts.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_les-plus-populaires-actualites_section_ECRAN1POS1

Again, all early news reporting should be regarded as wrong or mistaken until proven otherwise. But one witness describes two men with "strong Quebequois' accents and that an "AK-47" was used. They also were shouting "Allahu Akbar".

Up to 6 dead as per National Post.

Anti-terrorist operation by Regional branch of FSB and MVD in Dagestan, Khasavyurt, 29.01.2017. 

3 suspects were surrounded, civilians were evacuated. All 3 were killed after they opened fire on police representatve. No casualties, no civs injured/dead.

Rossiya 24 report:

Second half shows FSB unit after active part of operation was over. Falcatus, KamAZ Viking MRAP, UGV.

I don't get how they can try calling people fascists when they're the ones resorting to politically motivated violence, intimidation, and general scumbaggery.  Assaulting random people on the street who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time doesn't seem very anti-fascist to me.  And here I thought the jump in violence we were supposed to see was from LGBT and minority deathcamps.  Seriously though, I can't wrap my head around the idea of why they beat the shit out of someone who literally has done nothing at all.

Well, just one more reason for us to accelerate the plan of sinking California into the ocean.

I'm so glad that kids at my uni haven't tried anything since the 9th.  I don't think the Trump hateboner here is able to reach critical mass

6 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Freudian slip?

Very cold fingers. We have about a 15-30mph wind coming in from Eastern Washington into the Snoqualmie Valley and it is fucking FRIGID with the wind chill making it feel like it is in the low 20s temperature wise.

But other than that, yes my point stands.

The NYT has a good look at ISIS' terror infrastructure.  Bottom line?  A lot of "lone wolf" attacks were nothing of the sort.  A terror cell that got rolled up in the summer of 2016 shows just how large and complex ISIS' terror network is.  Many of the recent attacks by ISIS operatives across the world were planned and supported from Syria via the internet.

As officials around the world have faced a confusing barrage of attacks dedicated to the Islamic State, cases like Mr. Yazdani’s offer troubling examples of what counterterrorism experts are calling enabled or remote-controlled attacks: violence conceived and guided by operatives in areas controlled by the Islamic State whose only connection to the would-be attacker is the internet.