Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

It's National Review. The idiots who inherited William F Buckley's flagship conservative publication were the heart of the # NEVERTRUMP movement and are still upset he won. I ceased to expect quality writing from them a year or more ago.

18 hours ago, LostCosmonaut said:

IT BEGINS

As I understand it, Turkey and Qatar are on the same side.  Egypt, the UAE and Saudi Arabia decided to throw those two under the bus in the name of anti-terror operations.  The UAE and everyone's favorite backwater oil rich theocracy are obviously just as dirty as Qatar and Turkey, but Egypt's current secular government has a (completely justified) distrust of Qatar for supporting the Muslim Brotherhood during that stupid incident a few years back where the US nearly allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Egypt.

It's unclear what precipitated this.  Trump's visit is one possibility.

6 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Is being retarded a main "quality" to get a job in MSM?

DBvM-EWUAAAgfct.jpg

Not necessarily but being a shill is.

3 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

As I understand it, Turkey and Qatar are on the same side.  Egypt, the UAE and Saudi Arabia decided to throw those two under the bus in the name of anti-terror operations.  The UAE and everyone's favorite backwater oil rich theocracy are obviously just as dirty as Qatar and Turkey, but Egypt's current secular government has a (completely justified) distrust of Qatar for supporting the Muslim Brotherhood during that stupid incident a few years back where the US nearly allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Egypt.

It's unclear what precipitated this.  Trump's visit is one possibility.

Interesting that it's Erdogan's Turkey that's sitting opposite the Saudis. I wonder what it would take to knock Erdogan's regime down and if there are enough elements of secularists there to properly regain control of the country.

----

Putin going on a tear recently.

9 minutes ago, LostCosmonaut said:

Way to blow a 20 point lead. :P

Really unsure of where to put this, but Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson is attempting Tour Divide this year. A 2,745 mile self-supported mountain bike race from Banf, Canada to Antelope Wells, NM (Basically mexico). 

I did it back in 2011, so I think it's pretty awesome. 

http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide17i.php?name=Gary_Johnson

There's the link if you want to follow. All the racers left this morning. 

He'll be in Elkford tonight most likely.

As the political isolation of Qatar did not give the planned results, the anti-Qarar coalition decided to strike at the banking system of the country.
   Now the leading role was taken by the United Arab Emirates. It was from this country that a message appeared that the emirate investors of Qatari banks immediately begin to withdraw their funds from them.
   According to experts, six powerful banks of Qatar can be financial hit by UAE, which in turn implies the emergence of a wave that will sweep the world financial system, reports Hal Turner.
   Here these banks:
- The Commercial Bank of Qatar;
- Ahli Bank Qatar;
- International Bank of Qatar;
- Qatar Development Bank;
- Qatar Islamic Bank;
- Qatar National Bank.

Here's some good news on what has been an otherwise shitty day in terms of nationwide (and global) events.

Erdogan's security guards will be charged in Embassy Protest.

Per the New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/world/middleeast/turkish-gaurds-washington-attack.html?_r=0

I'm always wary of unnamed sources. But if the story is correct, DC cops will begin with a series of charges that can levied against a dozen of Turkey's security detail. The Secret Service and Homeland Security are also on the case.

Unfortunately, these assholes have already left the country and probably won't be extradited.

Two more cases of violence against cyclists. 

The first, a cyclist is close to death due to a shotgun blast he received while riding in Austin, TX. 

http://kxan.com/2017/06/15/cyclist-hit-by-shotgun-blast-in-random-austin-drive-by-has-pellets-in-brain/

And next, two meth heads hit a group of 4 in Austin.

http://kxan.com/2017/06/12/group-of-cyclists-mowed-down-by-driver-in-southeast-austin/

This one has some good quotes.

According to court records, when the crash happened, a witness said he jumped out of his Jeep and went to tend to the injured bicyclists. As he was doing so, he saw the driver of the Buick get out of the car and walk over to a woman, later identified as 32-year-old Amanda Florez, and hand her something. The witness said that’s when he saw the woman jump into his Jeep and drive away.

The witness said he ran after his Jeep and managed to catch up to it as a responding officer made it to the scene. Florez was charged with felony theft of property, violation of city ordinances and possession of a controlled substance. Authorities found crystal methamphetamine in her bra during an inspection.

Canada yes! 

Bill C-16 passed Canada's senate 67 to 11, so now very soon you must respect my pronouns (meme, maymay, memeself) or you shall go to jail and be sent to reeducation camp for misgendering me.  Government mandated opinions are oh so very progessive!

Other link