Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

4 hours ago, LostCosmonaut said:

I think this means Merkel is going to invade Poland in about 3 years, if I'm doing parallelism correctly.

(the Polish military in 2017 would probably win against the Germans)

Isn't there a Commissar Binkoff matchup showing the Krauts would win over the Poles, but only by Zerg rushing them?

7 hours ago, LostCosmonaut said:

I think this means Merkel is going to invade Poland in about 3 years, if I'm doing parallelism correctly.

(the Polish military in 2017 would probably win against the Germans)

The Polish Military in 2017 would almost certainly kick the ever living snot out of the Germans in TYOOL 2017.

Looks like Barzani is no longer a president of People Republic of Barzanistan. 

Also:

Kurdish and Iraqi military began the second round of talks in the city of Mosul, trying to resolve the tension.
Peshmerga's delegation is headed by the incumbent Peshmerga minister Karim Shingali, and the US controls the talks.

@EnsignExpendable

Ukrainian organisation of ATO veterans formed batalion that want to help Spain to destroy seprataists (surprised they didn't sayed that it was Putin behind it).

:Iwanttofightcommunism:

also, had a good laugh at "Spain above all", "Spanish brothers" and "Ukrainians are with you".

It appears the Guardian is less than completely convinced by the recent disclosure of Osama Bin Laden's documents: 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/01/newly-released-journal-confirms-osama-bin-laden-visited-the-west

One 19-page document contains a senior militant’s assessment of the group’s relationship with Iran, which describes an offer by Iran to provide some unidentified “Saudi brothers” with “money, arms” and “training in Hezbollah camps in Lebanon, in exchange for striking American interests in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf”.

It is not known if the offer was accepted – if it was made at all – and the inclusion of the document will raise suspicion that one motive for the release of the new hoard was to place material that casts Iran in a bad light in the public domain.

Mike Pompeo, the Trump-appointed director of the CIA, has a reputation for an aggressively hawkish stance on Iran.

More at Long War Journal:

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2017/11/analysis-cia-releases-massive-trove-of-osama-bin-ladens-files.php